Midi Fighter 3D NOT working in FL Studio 11.1.0
    Tech Student

Default Midi Fighter 3D NOT working in FL Studio 11.1.0

Just got my 3D in the mail today.

Does NOT play any notes in FL Studio 11.1.0. Not keys. Not FPC pads. Nothing.

FL Studio detects it and flashes that "green light" when I tap the buttons but it doesn't get detected for any mappings.

Tried applying Image-Line's settings file in the Midi Fighter Utility (http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopi...=1914&t=111453). Doesn't fix any thing.

If anyone has this working for them, PLEASE bullet point out what you're process is lol (FL Studio version, Midi Fighter Utility settings, the whole shabang). Youtube video's on the matter are worthless. I've seen other people asking about this with no responses. Be a hero and help out everyone browsing the issue.

If no one has any positive experiences with Fl Studio + Midi Fighter 3D, please suggest a DAW that does work well for you.

Appreciate you're reading this complaining.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey viperld,

I didn't knew about this mapping - good find!

can you send/attach the midi fighter settings (.mfs) file and the actual mapping file to this thread?

Default Re:

Hey, how did you even download the .mfs from that website?

I think you have to have the 11.0.4 update that allows the Midi fighter 3d to work with Fl studio. But mine isnt working either

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You don't need to download the MFS file from their website since it's installed along 11.0.4, you still need to load it to your device tho. I agree that their install instructions given here aren't exactly the most detailed and they can be a tad confusing.

1. Download and install the Midi Fighter Utility with your 3D disconnected.

2. Connect your device and make sure the firmware is up to date (support was designed for firmware of 30 May 3013).

3. While still in the MF Utility click on "Tools > Import settings" and navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\(FL Studio)\System\Hardware specific\DJ TechTools Midi Fighter 3D\FL Studio.mfs"

4. Close the MF Utility and open FL Studio.

5. Open the MIDI Preferences and make sure your 3D is detected and enabled. It should look like this:

6. Close the preferences.

7. Click the top left side button and the LEDs should turn red showing the unit is in keyboard mode.
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-18-2015 at 12:05 PM.