Rekordbox Problem, I Think I Have Screwed Up!!!
    Tech Wizard

Default Rekordbox Problem, I Think I Have Screwed Up!!!

Hi Guys,

I think I have made a big mistake that I am having trouble undoing.

For several reason I decided to wipe my iMac. This iMac is where all my music was stored.

I use Rekordbox, I load my tracks in, Don’t grid em as I mix manually, use the key recognition and more importantly the hot cue function.

I then export my library to a portable usb hard drive and plug that into the cdjs and load my songs from there.

Now,

I had my entire library on the portable hard drive, with all the necessary hot cues and wiped my computer.

Once I reinstalled rekordbox, I tried to load my library back on my computer from the portable hard drive, and that’s where the problem has started.

Rekorbox reads my portable hard drive, and all my tracks are there with the hot cues on them (See Below)

However, My collection (Copied back onto the iMac) is a different story, all the work I have done to the tracks in rekorbox is gone.

Basically I want the tracks in my library to be exactly the same as the ones on my portable hard drive, so I can keep everything uniform.

Is there a way to copy the hot cues from the portable hard drive, to the collection, or do I have to manually go through 500 tracks and do it all again?

Thanks,

Matt.
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

Tech Wizard

Thanks Mikesteed,

I have literally just put up a thread on their forums too!

I was finding the pioneer forum a little less user friendly, so i decided to post here first, but thanks for the info, I shall have a read
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

Tech Convert

To be fair I have not been on the pionerr forums for a long time. I just remebered using this guide when i had to migrate my collection.

Tech Wizard

I have read up on it, and i think the damage is done, i have started to add the hot cues to 500 tracks....Ouch!

Tech Mentor

just a tip about using the grid on your tracks. this is really helpful for if/when you do loops, as the CDJ2000nexus use quantize on the looping function to make the loop exact length of the grid intervals. also storing memory points & cues they snap to the grid instead of being milliseconds off. It's not just for the Sync functionality

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dsquareddan View Post
    just a tip about using the grid on your tracks. this is really helpful for if/when you do loops, as the CDJ2000nexus use quantize on the looping function to make the loop exact length of the grid intervals. also storing memory points & cues they snap to the grid instead of being milliseconds off. It's not just for the Sync functionality
    Thanks for the tips mate, but I do not use the loop feature either (at least not at the moment). My style is similar to that of Andy C (jus nowhere near as good, lol) where I just mix, mix, mix in quick succession. I literally use the hot cue function to snap to either the intro of a tune, the first kick drum or the drop, enabling me to get the next tune in and beat matched as quick as possible.

Matt.