What speakers are best to buy?
    Tech Student

Default What speakers are best to buy?

Hey im a beginner wondering if anyone can help? Im looking to buy some active pa speakers could anyone tell me what the best would be to buy for small party's? Will be using for garden party's and indoor house party's. They are for personal use have a budget of around £500-600.
    Mainly looking for some with decent bass and sound decent and also would I be able to link them straight to a laptop if I get them active? or would I need a mixer? if so what cable would I need to do that?

come on man, do a little homework...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Wizard

QSC, hands down!
    Running: MB Pro quad 2.8, 4gigs ram, Traktor Pro with latest update, S4, F1(may return in favor of coming m3dpro!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djadrenal View Post
    QSC, hands down!
    +1 for that. I love my QSC setup. The only other speakers I'll buy are more qsc.

The the OP, check out behringer. They are good budget/entry level speakers. I would personally get a couple 12 inch powered tops and then add 18inch subs as you can afford them. In behringer it would be the B212D and the B1800D. If you have a music store near you, talk to them. They might be able to give you suggestions as well.

also u willl need a mixer or something to plug the speakers into , because laptops dont usually have XLR or 1/4 inch outs
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Mentor

PK Sound Klarity

http://www.pksound.ca/loudspeakers/klarity-12/

they also have Klarity 8", and a Klarity 18" single or dual sub

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    come on man, do a little homework...
    Not only that.... Posting in the proper forum never hurts as well.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Id go pk sound.... If I were to do it over again I'd of gone pk sound..... What I have now is decent but I'd of spent less on lighting and focused more on sound... As it is I normally run 1 RG laser and a derby with a purple twinkling star laser for atmosphere... I waste money on moon lowers low lying fog and regular fog and hazer and is of stuck with no fog or hazer and used the extra thousand and some on a more rounded setup...

I also been looking at the mackie 218 subs I can't remember the model maybe srm?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djadrenal View Post
    QSC, hands down!
    Oh, or Funktion One...LOL!
    Running: MB Pro quad 2.8, 4gigs ram, Traktor Pro with latest update, S4, F1(may return in favor of coming m3dpro!

PK klarity.

That 18 gets loooow.