Burning CDs without cover art, track titles etc.

Default Burning CDs without cover art, track titles etc.

Is there a way to turn off track titles, file art and the like when burning CDs. So the CD is as 'pure' as a bought audio CD from, say, the 90's or whenever track titles were invented. When you buy WAVS you can easily change the file name but the embedded data is still on it (usually the artist name), as can be seen when you right click on the file and click properties. I'd like to wipe all this stuff out when burning CDs. I'm assuming this can be done in Windows, or at the very least using Windows Media Player, Realplayer, etc.

What do you mean "when burning CDs"? Burning audio CDs or burning wav's and mp3's onto a CD?
    Because when you burn audio CD from mp3's and wav's none of the metadate is burned on the CD except track names.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

I'm not sure why you'd want no metadata on the CD, but you can always rename the files Track 1, Track 2 etc. then burn

protip, switch to buying AIFF files off beatport instead. it includes all the metadata and is the exact same as a WAV file. compatible with every piece of software & DJ gear and you can burn to a CD (tho you should move on to USB & Rekordbox by now)

I'm starting to take backing up my digital music collection more seriously. I want my wavs & mp3s to have the same shelflife as my vinyl, to still have them in a few decades time. Relying on the cloud, external hardrives etc. is all pretty precarious in the longterm- in thirty years time who knows if any of this stuff will still be in existence or compatible with old software. Shit I have windows 95 software that didn't work in Vista. A good quality audio CDR treated right is much more likely to last. The idea behind not having meta data is that it is a pure audio CD that will work in even the most ancient of CD players.

I'm glad to know that meta data isn't an issue if you name the tunes TRACK 1, etc. I have had issues with some CDs where the names of the tracks meant the disc wasn't playable on one of my CD players, and, as I say, for archiving stuff you want it to be playable across the whole format.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Millenium Falcon View Post
    I'm glad to know that meta data isn't an issue if you name the tunes TRACK 1, etc. I have had issues with some CDs where the names of the tracks meant the disc wasn't playable on one of my CD players, and, as I say, for archiving stuff you want it to be playable across the whole format.
    I can assure you, having track names on audio CD's cannot make them unplayable on any kind on cd player.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2