CDJ Dj switchover
    Tech Student

Default CDJ Dj switchover

Hi guys,

Playing my first live gig next Saturday. Have used CDJs in the past but never swapped over with a dj at the end of a set. Just wondering what the easiest way to do it is (playing off USBs)?
    The setup is 2x CDJ 850s, 1 CDJ 2000 and a DJM 750. I'm assuming I would wait until the current DJ gives me the nod to jump on, disconnect the usb he is not playing from and plug mine in to mix in the next track?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy fraser View Post
    Hi guys,

Playing my first live gig next Saturday. Have used CDJs in the past but never swapped over with a dj at the end of a set. Just wondering what the easiest way to do it is (playing off USBs)?
    The setup is 2x CDJ 850s, 1 CDJ 2000 and a DJM 750. I'm assuming I would wait until the current DJ gives me the nod to jump on, disconnect the usb he is not playing from and plug mine in to mix in the next track?

Cheers
    If the players are linked with ethernet cable, make sure you don't unplug his USB while the other player is accessing it - I've seen it too often.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

850s don't have link.

to OP: exactly.

I feel like you knew the answer to your question but just felt like asking anyways

Nothing wrong with a good ole +1