Wierdest thing a venue owner offered for your services?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    "Exposure". As in, "I can't pay you money but it will be great exposure!" Ugh.
    when people offer exposure as payment just show them this:

http://www.indystar.com/videos/news/2014/01/10/4406659/
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    lol my favorite one
    there was a story about someone who replied to that ad (restaurant) asking the owner to come to his house and cook him a meal free seeing as he could not pay him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by b ill View Post
    Had an outdoor event at a winery where they tried to pay me in wine afterwards instead of the agreed amount. I told them "No thanks I like to get paid in dollars"

The manager didn't cut me a check immediately, but mailed it to me a month later. Maybe I should have taken the wine.

Fairly big winery too - multimillion dollar operation.
    next time ask for both

my first gig that was not mobile was in this restaurant/bar when i was 16. I got paid $40 per night and all the food I could eat. Really good steaks there too.

But the real value of it was the education I got from the resident DJ there. He was like this 60 year old guy who had been djing his whole life, and he taught me some of the most important djing skills thatI still use to this day. He taught me how to read the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    there was a story about someone who replied to that ad (restaurant) asking the owner to come to his house and cook him a meal free seeing as he could not pay him lol.
    Haha owned

"There are no two words more harmful in the English language than 'good job.'"
    — Terence Fletcher, Whiplash

My wasn't from a venue.. it was from another entertainer that was there....

I was DJ'ing a bachelor party where the ladies were giving "additional services" in addition to the standard bachelor party entertainment. I let the ladies store their belongings as well as their plastic grocery bags full of singles they collected behind the DJ booth. The area was huge, so it was no problem accommodating. At the end of the night one of the girls offered me $20 as a thank you. Being the gentleman that I am, I refused. At which point she grabbed me by the hand to lead me to the back room where she was "performing" earlier and said, "let's go, I'll take care of you in a better way..."

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyv View Post
    My wasn't from a venue.. it was from another entertainer that was there....

I was DJ'ing a bachelor party where the ladies were giving "additional services" in addition to the standard bachelor party entertainment. I let the ladies store their belongings as well as their plastic grocery bags full of singles they collected behind the DJ booth. The area was huge, so it was no problem accommodating. At the end of the night one of the girls offered me $20 as a thank you. Being the gentleman that I am, I refused. At which point she grabbed me by the hand to lead me to the back room where she was "performing" earlier and said, "let's go, I'll take care of you in a better way..."
    Hahahahahahahahaha..................
    This made me launch and reminds me of when I was at one and they didn't bring music and no one really had good stripper music so the bouncer/driver? Was kinda like come on so he's bumbling through his phone and I'm like well I think I'll have a set on mixcloud that'll work put on a discoey/funky house set and did the trick...

Side note divulging details of bachelor parties on a public forum is hardly a brother thing to do....

But strict policy of denying any added bonuses has served my life well

Tech Mentor

Someone once asked me to design the artwork for his dance event and offered me a dj set as payment, as if they were doing me a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
    Someone once asked me to design the artwork for his dance event and offered me a dj set as payment, as if they were doing me a favour.
    wow what a nice guy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast