Will using a mixer with a internal sound card work with the Novation Audiohub?
    Tech Convert

Default Will using a mixer with a internal sound card work with the Novation Audiohub?

Hello DJ Tech Tools! I'm looking into upgrading my system this summer but i am stumped on something.
    Currently my setup is Traktor Z1 with a Kontrol x1 mk2. I have been looking for a 4 channel mixer the past few months and i think i have found the winner (Pioneer DJM-850), i will be also getting another X1 mk2 so i can manipulate all four channels. Since the DJM-850 has a internal sound card built into it I don't need to buy a external sound card... but i won't have enough usb ports on my mac and thats a lot of gear plugged into one old mac (Running on 6 years still going strong) This little nifty device made by Novation call thee Audiohub is a external sound card with a usb hub of three! Which seems perfect one for the DJM-850, two for the X1's. So my question comes down too can i hook a mixer with a internal sound card to a external sound card like the Audiohub? Can i by pass the Novations sound card and just use Pioneers internal or vic versa?

Orrrr....

Would a powered usb hub be sufficient? To me those hubs don't look like they can take a beating like the Audiohub plus its a sexy piece of equipment.

Thanks guys.

Tech Mentor

Whichever soundcard you want to use just has to be selected and routed in the Traktor Audio setup. I have a Xone DX controller which has a built in soundcard but the soundcard has been giving me problems with intermittently dropping either the left or right on either deck, I crank up the bass and the missing side comes back, probably some loose connection inside buy anyway I also have a Traktor Audio 6 that I just plug into a USB and select in Traktor.

Powered USB hub. DJM-850 into one USB port and the two X1's into a hub into the second. Why make it more complicated than it has to be? Why get a fancy mixer with a built in sound card at all if you don't want to use it.

In all honesty you might not even need a powered USB hub.

DJM850 (puged into own usb port)
    2 X1Mk2's plugged into unpowered hub
    Rock out.

Forget about the other soundcards. if you are not going to use the interface in the djm850, just get a djm750 instead.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I rock a 2010 Macbook and have literally never needed a powered hub. I'll run my Audio 10 into 1 of my Mac's ports, then the rest into the hub.

Tech Convert

Awesome! Thanks for steering me in the right direction , I think I was over thinking the whole set up. Still overly new to the DJ world.

Thanks again Team!