Deckadance acquired by Gibson, who own Stanton

Default Deckadance acquired by Gibson, who own Stanton

http://www.image-line.com/documents/...res-deckadance

Surprised DJ Techtools haven't jumped on this yet. Could be a real shot in the arm that Deckadance sorely needs.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Notanon View Post

Surprised DJ Techtools haven't jumped on this yet. Could be a real shot in the arm that Deckadance sorely needs.
    More the shot in the arm Stanton Needs IMHO, their SCS4dj was kind of let down with buggy and slow software, being able to develop hardware around a single piece of software properly might help them get back in the game.

I could see them utilizing decadence potentially in an all-in-one unit.

Or the nail in the coffin.

When Gibston acquired Stanton, the quality of their customer service tanked. When my old SC System 1 suddenly stopped being recognized by Windows, I waited four months for Gibson support to finally get back to me, only to tell me that I'm screwed because no one knows the solution and that it's my problem now because the product has been discontinued. Thanks for nothing, guys. Ended up selling off the gear for a little more than a tenth of what I paid for it and put that $80 towards an NS7 II. I will never buy another Gibson product again.
    Official DJ since 2009 (DJ in spirit since 1988) | I mix open format on NS7 II w/Serato DJ

^Hmm, fair enough.

Just hope ImageLine considered things carefully before signing Deckadance over. I kind of hope it picks up a bit, as I'm getting a little bit fed up with Traktor's constant bugginess.

Quote Originally Posted by Psythik View Post
    Or the nail in the coffin.

When Gibston acquired Stanton, the quality of their customer service tanked. When my old SC System 1 suddenly stopped being recognized by Windows, I waited four months for Gibson support to finally get back to me, only to tell me that I'm screwed because no one knows the solution and that it's my problem now because the product has been discontinued. Thanks for nothing, guys. Ended up selling off the gear for a little more than a tenth of what I paid for it and put that $80 towards an NS7 II. I will never buy another Gibson product again.
    Oh man this really sucks sorry to hear! Have Native Instruments controller and support has been great.
    Get the best Soundcloud free downloads for DJs, curated daily. All songs have tags like 'Floorfiller', BPM, Key & more tags that you can filter with! Filter.dj

^Hmm, fair enough.

Just hope ImageLine considered things carefully before signing Deckadance over. I kind of hope it picks up a bit, as I'm getting a little bit fed up with Traktor's constant bugginess.
    I've completely avoided TP2, when they release TP3 I'll probably decide which way to go (TP3, Serato DJ or sth else). I have played around with Deckadance beta and it was really solid. I use external mixing and it looked like a good choice.
    Another good buyer for Deckadance should have been inMusic - they have Denon DJ which always ends up with a short straw regarding integration with DJ software (traktor: certification and spinning platter support, serato dj: midi led support,...). And they also struggle with Engine software.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    I've completely avoided TP2, when they release TP3 I'll probably decide which way to go (TP3, Serato DJ or sth else). I have played around with Deckadance beta and it was really solid. I use external mixing and it looked like a good choice.
    Another good buyer for Deckadance should have been inMusic - they have Denon DJ which always ends up with a short straw regarding integration with DJ software (traktor: certification and spinning platter support, serato dj: midi led support,...). And they also struggle with Engine software.
    InMusic already own Torq which is now dead and yet was streaks ahead in terms of functionality, and they struggle with Engine so I reckon Deckadance might have been good for InMusic, but i don't think InMusic would not have been good for Deckadance.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    InMusic already own Torq which is now dead and yet was streaks ahead in terms of functionality
    i agree to a point.
    but ahead compared to what? Engine? Engine is a retarded younger sibling of a full DJ software so it's not a fair comparison.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    i agree to a point.
    but ahead compared to what? Engine? Engine is a retarded younger sibling of a full DJ software so it's not a fair comparison.
    Compared to Traktor, Mixvibes, Serato and pretty much everything else at the time...

Torq 2 had amazingly intuitive one-click Midi mapping, Beat Warping, VST's Sample decks and a better time stretch algorithm.

Unfortunately it was pretty expensive as standalone and the Connectiv sound card felt like cheap crap, as in $10 soundcard cheap.
    Last edited by deevey; 05-22-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Tech Mentor

As I recall, Stanton had final scratch which in turn became Traktor Final Scratch. I'm assuming NI either bought the final scratch tech or claimed the tech as theirs during their collaboration.

At the time, final scratch was a headache . you had to partition your HDD and install Linux to run it. I'm wondering if Stanton saw it as a dying niche market at that time, possibly betting on CDJs being the frontier.

IMHO, Stanton is probably kicking themselves for dropping the ball. Their str8 TT being the only thing with any real worth. They did have a CDJ that was very well thought out but it had a plastic feel which drove away adoption in the market. I feel they've been struggling to be relevant. Trying to compete with cheaper gear/consumer grade companies like Gemini/american audio. Which in their defense is more profitable in the short term.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental