Need help hooking a mono pedal chain up to a Xone 92.

Default Need help hooking a mono pedal chain up to a Xone 92.

So unlike the Pioneer 900, the xone 92's aux sends only send in stereo. I want to hook up a few mono pedals but i'm having trouble figuring out the best way. This is what I came up with

Aux send>Dual male 1/4" to dual male 1/4"> Dual female ts to single male ts>into chain of mono pedals>from pedals use male ts or trs and hook into the Mono jack of the Aux Return.

I think this would technically work, only issue I see is the signal loss when i go from my dual male 1/4" into the dual femal to male ts.

I honestly can't find any info for this anywhere. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If there's a better way of doing this, I'd love to know as I feel this is a little bit frankensteinish.

just use a splitter. a Y cable. for both the return and sends.. if you check to see of a studio mixer (soundcraft, mackie etc.) they do something similiar

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    just use a splitter. a Y cable. for both the return and sends.. if you check to see of a studio mixer (soundcraft, mackie etc.) they do something similiar
    Thats a special Insert cable, not just a Y splitter.

Youll get a lot of signal loss through that chain, and even more if all of your effect pedals are not buffered, which most arent.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Thats a special Insert cable, not just a Y splitter.

Youll get a lot of signal loss through that chain, and even more if all of your effect pedals are not buffered, which most arent.
    well the idea is to send your mono effects to the left, and send them again to the right, hence the splitter idea

Yea I have a feeling it'll be a bit of trial n error.

Tech Guru

The cable that you are describing as used on mixers is an insert cable, not a splitter cable.

An insert cable allows you to have a send/recieve signal in the one cable so you plug in a single jack to your mixer. Its not a y splitter and wont work as one.

But thats not relevant to the OP.

All he needs is 2 x splitters (1 x Male 1/4" to 2 x Male 1/4").

But again, if the pedals arent buffered there can be lots of signal loss. Pedals are often noisy too, but they are crazy fun and sound great in the right context.

Also OP, search the forum. This post couldnt be more relevant to you.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=42641

Thanks for all the input, I'm guessing I'll have a bit of trial n error on my hands.

So the reason why I want to do this is... I currently use traktor with a tr8. I run the tr8 as a live track and use a few of the effects on the tr8(Mainly just reverb and the mulholland drive.) I still want to run the tr8 into traktor(for delay and a few other things) but I would like to assign the kick and a few other instruments to their own channel and use the pedals for that. I realize I could just run the tr8's assigned out to the pedals then my board, but it'd still be nice to use the pedals on all the other channels so I can leave my options open. I've used control vinyl for the longest time, so the world of using send/returns, pedal, and understanding signal loss are a new adventure for me . After a bit of trial n error I'm sure I'll figure out a route that'll work for me.

At the end of the day, all I really want to accomplish is running my kick drum through a comp/distortion/fuzz chain(but it'd be nice to get everything routed the way I'm aiming for).