Keyboard Controller Mod - Removing keyboard from Novation Launchkey Mini.

Default Keyboard Controller Mod - Removing keyboard from Novation Launchkey Mini.

After digging through the forums for a while I wasn't able to find a thread that was very related to my needs so if after reading this you can thing of a relevant thread please link me there rather than use up your time answering a question that has already been answered (P.S. my first forum post)

I'm in the process of modding my Novation Launchkey Mini for use with Traktor as a midi controller -

http://global.novationmusic.com/keys/launchkey-mini#

I dont really use the keys on it even when im using ableton, so i figued i'd get creative and just mod it to more suit my needs. is there a way i can remove just the keybaord part of the curcuitry? ive already taken the casing off and removed the keys themselves but the circuit board is still there connected to the main part (which id like to keep) by just two ribbon cables. Can i just cut them? or is that the worst thing i could possibly do!? If my description is too vague I can take some pctures of it to show you what i mean.

Any help is appreciated! cheers, Baconlord (aka chris)

Why not sell it and get something else more appropriate!!!??

If you must, try disconnecting the ribbons 1st.. don't cut em!
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Haha, bit of a noob error, i thought the ribbon cables were soldered in, but it's just the connections to where you plug them in! All sorted now

(money's a little tight, i was drooling over the new traktor d2, but two of them would cost a pretty penny)

thanks for the help anyway man, appreciate it!

Baconlord (aka chris)