upgrade from original launchpad... what to? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    With Live, Push is the droid you are looking for...

Get a second-hand MKI right now for dirt cheap. If you want the upgraded features to Push 2, you have until March 1 to trade it in to get a discounted Push 2.
    What are the main upgrades of the MK2?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kraze View Post
    What are the main upgrades of the MK2?
    Better pads; better, color LED; better Live 9.5 integration, although a firmware update is supposedly going to give Push 1 some of that functionality
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Better pads; better, color LED; better Live 9.5 integration, although a firmware update is supposedly going to give Push 1 some of that functionality
    Thanks for this, I'm still thinking about it as my studio is already equipment overload, maybe I'll sell my APC40 and go with a Push1 after the update to see how I like it.

Check out my page to see the equipment I am currently working with: https://www.instagram.com/mikekraze/

I'll say the Push can replace the apc, allthough you will loose de fadercontrol, push and especially push2 can come close to that using the encoders

Another thing - kinda big, that Push 2 does that Push 1 doesn't...allows for all VSTs/plugs to show up in browser. In Push 1, only the things that come w/ Live show up. There's some addon software that allows for some things like Komplete to show up, but it costs money, and truthfully, it's a bit of a pain to setup.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Wizard

I'm a happy owner of a Launchpad Pro, very powerful machine if you can get used to the workflow, I got mine for a bit of a discount because I had a link at Guitar Center. But yea, if you get a LP Pro and then combine it with an Electrix Tweaker ($99 right now) or a original Launch Control, or a Nanokontrol, you'll definetly have alot of functionality added. Or hunt on ebay for a second hand APC 40 mk 1

Tech Convert

Im Liking the Push 2. Its a very nice step up from the original Push. the work flow of the original push was nice but this one (mk2) is really the controller that that were going for in order to not look at the screen so much and be in it with the instrument.

Tech Wizard

I just picked up the Push 1 and absolutely love it. I was considering Push 2 but since I had never used either I got the Push 1 since it was such a good price ($375).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12