Gemini XL50 II Turntables
    Tech Student

Default Gemini XL50 II Turntables

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had any information on the Gemini XL50 II turntable. I just purchased two of the and haven't seen much about these decks on the web. They play well and have decent torque, maybe I will end up doing a review in the future. Anyway, any information you have to share would be great!

Best

Troy

Tech Mentor

There are one or two TTs that they made that were not too bad but as a rule I stay away from Gemini.

Are you sure you don't mean XL500?
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

They did make a TT called the XL-DD50, and then of course the XL-500.

The XL500s I found bloody awful but I know a few people really liked them for their price. I did however buy one of it's successors- the Gemini SA600mk2:

I brought this brand new in 2001 and that picture above is from around 2013- still works (and looks) as good as new. It's a great deck and they actually got some very good industry reviews at the time too, the torque in particular was very high for a budget direct drive TT. Plus it has pitch-bend buttons!

I paid £149 for it new- Technics were around £400 (each) new at the time so it was quite a saving.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)