XONE:43C, sending it back
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default XONE:43C, sending it back

What an awesome mixer to play with for a couple of days. Worked great standalone and with serato. A few things I don't care about and one that is just a no go.

1: I found the gains to have too much headroom. I know its weird to say that, but on most tracks I had to run the gain -6 to -9db. This didn't give much room for fine adjustment on the line levels.

2: The crossfader is horrible, curves are horrible and cut has a hug gap. At the $1000 they should have included the innofader than included what the stock fader... meh!!

3: Not a huge fan of faded VU's. American DJ tried this way over 10 years ago, didn't go over too well. Odd, the mixer has an old Q series feel to it.

4: Last but not least....every damn channel bleeds into the main output with the faders all the way down. This falls short of what a new mixer should do.

Sucks, its a nice mixer. I could have lived with everything else but the last one.
    MIXCRATE - Mixify

2 1200's - A wall of wAx - SSL - DDJ-SX

Schalenberg

Bummer, I was really interested in this mixer.

Did you contact A&H about the problem? I'd love to know whether the channel bleed is endemic or an isolated problem with your unit.

Default bad

i have this problem too. i send mix to service and they say: all is ok... this is ok ? no. i solved low phono input... i play with gain to -6dB realy poorly mixing... this isnt mix to play from vinyl...

Quote Originally Posted by djlightning View Post
    What an awesome mixer to play with for a couple of days. Worked great standalone and with serato. A few things I don't care about and one that is just a no go.

1: I found the gains to have too much headroom. I know its weird to say that, but on most tracks I had to run the gain -6 to -9db. This didn't give much room for fine adjustment on the line levels.

2: The crossfader is horrible, curves are horrible and cut has a hug gap. At the $1000 they should have included the innofader than included what the stock fader... meh!!

3: Not a huge fan of faded VU's. American DJ tried this way over 10 years ago, didn't go over too well. Odd, the mixer has an old Q series feel to it.

4: Last but not least....every damn channel bleeds into the main output with the faders all the way down. This falls short of what a new mixer should do.

Sucks, its a nice mixer. I could have lived with everything else but the last one.
    I just got this mixer & hated all those things about it!!! the only thing i was able to fix was the crossfader after upgrading to an innofader

Hearing complaints like this all over the place... guess A&H is a brand to avoid.

Man this new series they introduced seems to be complete shit

I had a Xone 22 and tried out the Xone 23 and it was absolute trash... New vu fader style was horrid and the shortening of the volume faders was also bullshit.

The design sucked, and it was incredibly cramped compared to the 22

I kinda feel your pain even though yours is bigger, but I'd honestly suggest getting a 42 instead. their older mixers are pure luxury

Quote Originally Posted by deathy View Post
    Hearing complaints like this all over the place... guess A&H is a brand to avoid.
    I wouldn't stay away, they're still better than most mixers out there.... I'm still keeping my Xone 43C, this is my fifth A&H & I don't regret it at all, every mixer I've owned has had SOME annoyances, even my beloved Xone 92 & Xone DB4. You pick your battles

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SupaSandeep View Post
    I wouldn't stay away, they're still better than most mixers out there.... I'm still keeping my Xone 43C, this is my fifth A&H & I don't regret it at all, every mixer I've owned has had SOME annoyances, even my beloved Xone 92 & Xone DB4. You pick your battles
    Do the channels still bleed, or was this resolved by A&H?

I have two older A&H mixers that I use daily, and whilst they might have their quirks that I have become accustomed to, channel bleed is absolutely unforgivable ...

Quote Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
    Do the channels still bleed, or was this resolved by A&H?

I have two older A&H mixers that I use daily, and whilst they might have their quirks that I have become accustomed to, channel bleed is absolutely unforgivable ...
    my channel bleed is very very low, I can only hear it when I turn the gains & the master all the way up, even then it's very faint (doesn't even show on the meter). I only did that for testing purposes. I don't know about the other person who has this, but for me it's not worth trying to fix. If it's that bad I'm sure A&H would swap it out, still a solid mixer & I'm happy with it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast