DJ Pools
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ Pools

Default DJ Pools

Hey guys,

I'm looking at joining a pool because tracks are expensive. I play a lot of commercial tracks - mainly Melbourne Bounce and Big Room House as well as MB and BRH remixes of Pop- and I've been looking at a number of different pools:

All of these seem to offer the music I need although I've really only been able to look at DMS to see what content they have and they look like they have a lot of what I like to play.

If anyone has had experience with the different pools then any input is welcome.

Thanks,
    ~8Bit

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by That8BitMan View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking at joining a pool because tracks are expensive. I play a lot of commercial tracks - mainly Melbourne Bounce and Big Room House as well as MB and BRH remixes of Pop- and I've been looking at a number of different pools:

All of these seem to offer the music I need although I've really only been able to look at DMS to see what content they have and they look like they have a lot of what I like to play.

If anyone has had experience with the different pools then any input is welcome.

Thanks,
    ~8Bit
    you can view DJcity's library in entirety without being a member. Just click on the record pool link at the top.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by That8BitMan View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks,
    ~8Bit

Not trying to start a fight here or anything, but "Tracks are expensive"

I thought tracks were cheaper nowadays than i have ever seen them?

Certainly cheaper than a vinyl release, and a cd album...
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattalik View Post
    Not trying to start a fight here or anything, but "Tracks are expensive"
    Yeah but I'm trying to make my library legit so I'd save a lot by going with an unlimited downloads pool and then moving down a tier once I have my current tracks

They are cheaper but so are the buyers..... There are a reason why there's so many djs now...... It's cheap... A cheap hobby that you can enjoy in your house and not have to do anything...

Fishing is cheap I like fishing

Tech Wizard

I download at least 100 -120 tracks a month. I'm not going to actually use them all, but I'll experiment with them at home and pick the ones that mix and fit the best for the club from those bulk downloads.

DJ pools are making us all better DJs. To dis them is just crazy.

DJ City gets the job done for me at the least expense, but I really don't have enough experience with any other pool to offer comparisons.

http://static-city.com

There ya go brother. Its legit. I pay about 70 bucks every three months. I normally us it for new trap or Hip Hop. But the list of genre is endless. You can do a mass download and sort over the course of weeks or download individually. been a member for about a year now.

LOL tracks aint as expensive as you think. I remember spending $100 and only getting 10 tracks. But I do feel you when it comes to playing mainstream. Or when you have an addiction to new music lol. Soundcloud is another good source.

Just remember brother, even though it is or job to play the hits, its a dj's job to introduce new music as well. Don't be afraid to experiment. Sometimes the old ones get more attention then the new.

peace
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by b ill View Post
    DJ pools are making us all better DJs. To dis them is just crazy.
    can we have some clarification of this statement please?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Convert

Of course I can understand the urge to get lots of new music. But I've found my mixing benefits more from very selectively adding new tracks to my collection. Better to to have a slim pool of real hot shit versus a bloated ocean of tracks you don't know.

Playlist when you buy lots of tracks blindly a playlist also if you just add lots of release

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast