minor problem

Thread: minor problem

Tech Wizard

Default minor problem

just curious my vci1-100 (the first one) the platter kind is loose.It can push on and it moves a little to one side,do u tighten the scews on top to fix this??

Start by tightening them but if that doesnt work for you your going to need to open the unit and start tightening stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac4482 View Post
    just curious my vci1-100 (the first one) the platter kind is loose.It can push on and it moves a little to one side,do u tighten the scews on top to fix this??
    Did this for myself last night. Remove the three screws on the top of the platter and remove the platter. Underneath you will find four screws that hold the rotary control to the casing and these may be loose. Tighten them then replace the platter.

If that doesn't solve your problem, you need to go inside the case (five screws, two on each side and one on the bottom surface at the back). Once there you will see the bottom of each rotary controllers and, covered with hot glue, are three screws to tighten. Just pick off the glue, you can replace it with a glue gun later if it matters to you.

Tech Convert

Interesting. My VCI-100 has always had an issue like this -- one of the platters spins freely and with no noise, the other clearly has some friction going on somewhere... It slows to a stop very quickly when pushed, and you can hear a light noise of something rubbing on something else. Maybe I'll pop it open and see if I can figure this out.