Cdj 1000

Thread: Cdj 1000

Exclamation Cdj 1000

Hey, I'm DJ'ing Saturday and they use 1000's, not any of the Mk versions.

I've never used them before so i was just wondering why format i should use? I'm using audio cd's not data. Does it read WAV or should I use mp3's?

I know about the different quality of format i just need to know if the 1000's do read wav's or mp3's, so if anyone has any experience with them and could give me a bit of info that would be great!

Cheers

Audio CDs are always WAVs... if you burn MP3s as an Audio CD they get converted to wav.
    On the other hand you should check the manuals of the CDJ 1000s what specs you best use for the cds you burn.

Quote Originally Posted by sheikyerbouti View Post
    Audio CDs are always WAVs... if you burn MP3s as an Audio CD they get converted to wav.
    On the other hand you should check the manuals of the CDJ 1000s what specs you best use for the cds you burn.
    Not correct.

Laura, I suggest you burn all of your gig CD's as CD-Audio (so max 10-15 files on a single CD). Regarding compatibility issues (I assume that was your question?) it is not important in what digital format the source files were (wav, mp3, flac,.....) from which you created those audio CD's. Just burn them at low speed (like 4x) and use quality blank cd's.

Some CDJ-1000's do read the digital format files (only mp3) but since you do not know what mk version the club has it would be ill-advised to burn your mp3's as data cd. Wav files (burned to a CD as data) are not supported in any CDJ-1000 versions.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Not correct.

Laura, I suggest you burn all of your gig CD's as CD-Audio (so max 10-15 files on a single CD). Regarding compatibility issues (I assume that was your question?) it is not important in what digital format the source files were (wav, mp3, flac,.....) from which you created those audio CD's. Just burn them at low speed (like 4x) and use quality blank cd's.

Some CDJ-1000's do read the digital format files (only mp3) but since you do not know what mk version the club has it would be ill-advised to burn your mp3's as data cd. Wav files (burned to a CD as data) are not supported in any CDJ-1000 versions.
    I second, SlayForMoney always has some great information to share to our community!

Not correct.

Brilliant, thankyou so much i really appreciate the help!

Cheers!

Also if you burn an mp3 to wav for cd, its just a wav at mp3 quality
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Not correct.

Didn't we just say more or less the same thing? OK,I get it... it's not exactly wav files, but the files that are burned as audio CDs are always converted to the same file format (which is very similar to wav files). The only important thing is to burn as audio cd not (audio) data cd.
    The reason I was so sure that it's wav files is that, if I opened a CD (back in the days) on my PC and ripped the tracks to my hard drive they were always wav files without any converting etc.

Anyways... have fun with your gig and I'd suggest to bring some kind of back-up solution, regardless how sure you are that the CDJs will read your CDs. In the end the promoter upgrades his CDJ 1000s to XDJ-1000s last minute and you'll not be able to use CDs anymore ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by sheikyerbouti View Post
    Didn't we just say more or less the same thing? OK,I get it... it's not exactly wav files, but the files that are burned as audio CDs are always converted to the same file format (which is very similar to wav files). The only important thing is to burn as audio cd not (audio) data cd.
    Yes, but regarding her question and knowledge it needed to be clarified.
    *.wav is a computer data format so it's best not to refer to it when speaking of audio cd. it's cd audio format (cda).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

so just to add some detail here

the CDJ1000mk2 (and before)will only play audio CDs (WAVs)
    the CDJ1000mk3 was the 1st to play mp3 data file CDs