Serato and VCI400 - cue/play and other nightmares.
    Tech Convert

Default Serato and VCI400 - cue/play and other nightmares.

I just played a 4 hour gig in a very large club with problems-a-plenty.

Setup MBP OS X 10.9 (decent spec 8GB... i5 cpu).
    Serato DJ with flip/PT (latest iteration)
    VCI400 with the 2.0 firmware.

I'd never actually go and do a gig with anything new in the workflow without properly soak testing. I spent a few hours a day for a week to check all was well.

Hour 1, deck A fine, deck B lined-up, press cue, but I hit the play, the button didn't latch on. Nothing would reverse this, tried ejecting the tune, turning off all the features, but it seemed to be a hardware problem.
    Ran on A & C until I could dig a cd out to mix into so I could do a full power-down and restart on all the hardware chain.

Following the restart it happened again... And again... And again.
    Not being a total noob to this, I always have a spare of everything (including a windows laptop with drivers and Traktor.

Did I do something weird? Is there an inherent issue (as it seems there is)?
    Is there some funky feature in Serato that they've not told anyone about (that's a joke by the way).

I have seen some other comments about this elsewhere, but wonders if you lads have had the same problem and/or discovered a work-around.

I've only had the controller for a couple of weeks and (as said earlier), I have given it a proper thrashing at home.
    Any guidance is appreciated.

Sounds interesting do you think it may have been the firmware is the unit new or used. You could run Serato DJ on your Windows machine and see if the controller still acts up.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip