Music skips... maybe an USB problem?
    Tech Student

Default Music skips... maybe an USB problem?

Hi guys, I'm Cris.

I'm a TRAKTOR PRO (2.8.1) user and a Kontrol S4 MKI owner. After I formated my laptop, I started to have glitches on my sets: the music suddenly stops by a second, then keep playing normaly. Please listen this file ---> http://www.mediafire.com/listen/ieg3...3h3t0/what.mp3

Trying to fix it, I've been doing the following:

Change the latency from 256 to 512 samples. Nops
    Changed the USB buffer, from 1 to 4 ms. This reduced the number of the issues, but didn't solve the problem.
    Changed the usb ports... same happens
    Same results using usb power or dc power.
    Changed the usb cable for other of the same length. Same results.
    Load section is low, so the computer is not working hard.

My laptop is a Intel I3 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 ultimate, USB 2.0, and I only use it for mixing. No antivirus, no wifi conection, no bluetooth, no other software.

Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks !

Have you solved this issue yet? Not check to see if multicore processing is enabled in settings. Will cause hyperthreading which even messes with my mid-2012 i5 dual core MacBook Pro. Other things to consider is adjusting computer appearance settings as well as adjusting background services. Improper optimization on a Windows machine can cause so many issues. I won't even start to describe my windows DJing nightmare. Lol

The simple first step would be pick yourself up a new USB cable. They're a little pricey but I picked up the ones from DJ tech tools before they came out with all the fancy colored version and it definitely and noticeably helped when I dj'ed on my Windows laptop

Tech Convert

Default Same problem except with Serato

I had the exact same problem with Serato. I own a Numark NV and every now and then the program would skip, drop out, and sometimes it would be really weird and the track I had playing would slow way down like I had messed with the bpm. Now what I did to fix it was I changed out the USB cable. I replaced the cable that came with the controller with an old, shorter printer cable. They are virtually the same exact cord. It hasn't skipped since, matter of fact I plugged the cable back in that came with the controller and it immediately bogged down again. I hope this helps a little bit and hopefully your problem gets fixed.

I had this same issue a few weeks ago. To fix it I went into the device manager and disabled every piece of hardware that wasn't needed. This included the Ethernet card, internal sound card, discrete graphics card (mine has both discrete and integrated), Bluetooth, optical drive, webcam, card reader, and I turned off WiFi for good measure. After that, everything worked like a dream. Hope this helps!

Tech Student

Default Same Issue with El Capitan Mac with the Latest Drivers

Hey...anyone still having these issues. I may start a seperate thread or if someone can kindly point me in the right direction. I have done what I believe is every single bit of trouble shooting, here are the details..

I'm running the latest version of Traktor with an Audio 8 Soundcard and the latest MBPro and latest AUdio 8 driver and I am still getting audio glitches !

I bought a new MacBook Pro and it ships with El Capitan (not ideal!!) so I had no choice.

I believe I have tried all trouble shooting (latest drivers, turning off wifi,optimising power. etc.).. any ideas ?

With my old mac it was important I put the usb cord in the "correct" usb port but with these new Macs does that make a difference and how do I tell ?

Thanks in advance...

Tech Convert

Anyone here try using thunderbolt connection?