MP3 Gain: Analyzing and Applying Gain
    Tech Wizard

Default MP3 Gain: Analyzing and Applying Gain

So I did a search and saw that the MP3 Gain program was recommended for normalizing tracks to the same volume. My question is regarding which folder to analyze. When I download music from Beatport, it all goes in a folder inside of the "Music" folder named "Beatport Music". From there I add the files to iTunes to modify the tags and make playlists out of them. If I normalize all of the tracks in the "Beatport Music" folder, will iTunes see that they've been modified if they've already been added? What about Traktor? Do I need to do something in the Traktor program to see that the files have been modified?

Do you have iTunes set to copy and manage? If so you'll need to run the auto gain on the library files if you use thoose to dj with....

Tech Wizard

I do have iTunes set to copy when I add songs to iTunes. I also DJ using Traktor and I access my music through the iTunes browsing tree in Traktor. I tried adding the entire "music" folder under the "iTunes media" folder and also tried adding the individual artist folders as well as the release folders but it wouldn't load them into the window to be analyzed by MP3 Gain. Then I tried adding just individual files to MP3 Gain from iTunes, but that didn't work either. So unless I can get MP3 Gain to add the files from under the iTunes tree, the changes won't ever show up in Traktor or iTunes? That sucks. Basically the only thing I can think of is wiping our my iTunes collection and then starting over from scratch, making sure I analyze everything before I add it to iTunes in the future.