Sound issues with Traktor Audio 6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

8 times out of 10 it is the buffer setting that got messed up. I am willing to bet your buffer is currently way too low. Change the buffer to 256 samples and then see if it sounds better. If you want better latency step down the buffer to a lower value and test it again. When the buffer value gets too low your sound quality will start to diminish.

Quote Originally Posted by belowthehorizon View Post
    Hey, did you ever resolve the problem?
    Sorry to everyone else for bringing up an old thread.
    This is happening to me too with Traktor Audio 10.
    Similar if not same circumstances. Can't seem to get out of the red. Therefore, clipping.
    Covered the basics above for sound issues.
    Would love a response back.
    What are you talking abot being in the red? The CPU usage or the audio levels, and if so, where?

If it's the CPU usage, the only thing you can really do is tweaking the computer setup (if you're using windows, DPC latency may still be an issue) or turning up the audio buffer in Traktor.

If it's audio levels, turning down Traktor's master output (and turning off their crappy liimter) is the solution.

Tech Convert

first make sure you are using the correct driver and traktor for the version of windows. older versions ran so slow on windows 10 because they changed asio and it did not like it one bit. Next you will need to setup the computer for asio otherwise you will have issues with playback.
    Have you run the audio 6 test to look for packet droputs ? also dpc latency checker.
    disable wifi.
    set power to high performance.
    set asio to background service.

All important steps.

After 2 years of fighting my Audio 10 i finally figured it out:

the individual decks in Traktor clip when gain is set to 0db (default).

Once i set the gain for each deck to -5db in Traktor (0db master gain), any sign of clipping, stuttering or other artifacts are gone.

Also: keylock screws up your sound quality on any setup afaik.

That's it. Clipping on the default setting of their own software with their own hardware.
    It is hilariously bad. Can't wait for my SC5000's to arrive.

Hope this helps you save 2 years of pain, including several mail conversations with the professors at NI.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenkami View Post
    After 2 years of fighting my Audio 10 i finally figured it out:

the individual decks in Traktor clip when gain is set to 0db (default).

Once i set the gain for each deck to -5db in Traktor (0db master gain), any sign of clipping, stuttering or other artifacts are gone.

Also: keylock screws up your sound quality on any setup afaik.

That's it. Clipping on the default setting of their own software with their own hardware.
    It is hilariously bad. Can't wait for my SC5000's to arrive.

Hope this helps you save 2 years of pain, including several mail conversations with the professors at NI.
    You can also turn down the master. On external mode, it applies that setting to every output.

I run mine at around -15 iirc. It might be lower. I set it so traktor's autogain would put the tracks about where my analog mixer expects them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    You can also turn down the master. On external mode, it applies that setting to every output.

I run mine at around -15 iirc. It might be lower. I set it so traktor's autogain would put the tracks about where my analog mixer expects them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using software autogain before going into an analog mixer, kinda beats the purpose of mixing analog, doesn't it? If I mix on my Xone 92 I want to control gains on the mixer, not in the software.

And just trimming the master gain does not fix clipping of the individual channels. Nine out of ten times in Traktor the master isn't clipping but the decks are. I tried all of that plus everything the NI tech guys threw at me, but it did not fix anything. Trimming software deck gains did.

Using software autogain before going into an analog mixer, kinda beats the purpose of mixing analog, doesn't it? If I mix on my Xone 92 I want to control gains on the mixer, not in the software.
    No. Why would it? If the mixer is getting the right voltage and you're not amplifying noise, it literally does not matter.

And just trimming the master gain does not fix clipping of the individual channels. Nine out of ten times in Traktor the master isn't clipping but the decks are. I tried all of that plus everything the NI tech guys threw at me, but it did not fix anything. Trimming software deck gains did.
    You cannot clip individual channels inside traktor since they switched to floating point processing. The only things that can clip are the sound card outputs.

I'll agree that NI's recommendations are generally wrong, and I have literally no idea how they come up with them. A few years ago (version 2.6ish), you had to run the channels low to give the effects a proper level to work right, but they fixed that some time in the last couple years.

The problem with Trkator is that autogain (or default settings) run the audio all the way up to 0dBFS on the output (with fixed point math), which causes at least ISM distortion if not also just clipping the outputs. Turning down any of the gains in software (deck or master) fixes that, but the master gain applies to all decks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12