Sound issues with Traktor Audio 6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sound issues with Traktor Audio 6

Hi there. Hoping someone can help me?

I have a Traktor Audio 6 unit and am trying to get it running with Traktor Scratch Pro 2, timecoded vinyl and decks. I have managed to get it running properly with the it calibrating correctly and playing through both channels, however.......

The sound quality is really poor. It sounds like it is clipping really badly and the levels all seem really high (can't push faders up on mixer as its too loud).

I feel like i have tried everything. Updated driver and firmware etc, gone through setup instructions multiple times, restarting computer, changing RCA leads, adjusting soundcard master volumes etc.

I don't have the specs of my computer on me but i have checked and double checked that my computer can handle it and all seems fine.

I have thoroughly cleaned the contact vinyl which are actually new.

It gives the same clipping sound through headphones plugged into my external mixer (Numark DM1001X, so fairly old but works fine with direct vinyl).

The only thing i havent looked into is the quality of my needles. I have fairly cheap needles running, however they are in decent enough condition. No sound issues running direct vinyl. Could this be the cause of the issues. If so what cartridges should i use?

Any advise would be hugely appreciated as i have run out of ideas.

Regards
    Craig

Tech Mentor

are the decks responding in traktor correctly with the timecodes?
    if so, then your input route can be excluded as the problem.

are you using asio driver, not the other?

I have to lower the main output from traktor otherwise at zero the volume overloads.
    I run it around -4 to -5.
    this is with an audio 10

Hi there thanks for getting back to me.

The decks seem to be operating correctly in timecode. they are calibrating and everything seems to work

Under audio setup - have Tractor Audio 6 selected and the audio driver.

Under Built In Soundcard i have Asio audio driver or traktor Audio 6 selected. It doesnt seem to make any difference.

I have to lower the main output from traktor otherwise at zero the volume overloads.
    I run it around -4 to -5.
    this is with an audio 10

How and where do i adjust this? I have gone into to driver setup for Traktor Audio 6 and adjust what i think is the volume levels - Left channel, right channel and master channel and adjusting them doesnt make any difference?

Cheers
    Craig

Audio 6 is plugged into LINE inputs on the mixer, right?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

master is at the top of the mixer section of traktors main window.

even though you are mixing externally, it's good to have the mixer controls showing.
    this allows you to see if anything is set wrong.

Hate it when they solve the issue but don't report back....
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Default Still having issues but different now

Hey all,

Sorry for not replying Slayformoney. Have been tearing my hair out trying to make this run properly.

Original issues have been sorted. Firstly i had it running through phono on external mixer. Just assumed because i was using turntables that was the go.

Also the volume output on the Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software was set too high.

My issue now is the Load. I cannot get it to not go into the red. I have read what feels like everything i can find on the situation and tried everything.

I am running through a desktop computer, which i have checked and is more than powerful enough to run it.
    I have gone through and changed various settings on computer in order to gear it towards DJing and music production.

I have tried various latency settings etc in traktor scratch pro but it always seems to clip, pop and operate badly.

I am having popping, clipping and the pitch controls not stable (increases and decreases in speed, rendering it impossible to mix)

When i adjust different latency settings etc the pitch control on TSP2 software drops all the way down speeding my tune up to about 200 odd bpm which is weird.

I feel like i have tried everything to optimise my computer and to set up TSP2's latency settings etc but nothing seems to work. It is always in the red.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really don't know what else i can try.

Thanks again and again sorry for not replying

Cheers
    craig

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Already tried to reinstall Traktor?

That is one thing i haven't tried to be fair.

Will delete everything tonight and try re-installing everything.

Its really weird as my computer tells me it's using like 2% CPU etc. Computer well powerful enough but as soon as i run TSP2 it shits itself.

Managed to get it running kind of ok last night. The load seems very unstable. when nothing is running it sits at around 50% but moves up and down clipping into the red then dropping back down etc, and that is with nothing running. When i load a tune (vinyl timecode) it clips in the red.

Managed to do a small mix without too many problems last night but still clipping high.

Cheers

Default Traktor Audio 10 Help

Quote Originally Posted by kiwicraig01 View Post
    That is one thing i haven't tried to be fair.

Will delete everything tonight and try re-installing everything.

Its really weird as my computer tells me it's using like 2% CPU etc. Computer well powerful enough but as soon as i run TSP2 it shits itself.

Managed to get it running kind of ok last night. The load seems very unstable. when nothing is running it sits at around 50% but moves up and down clipping into the red then dropping back down etc, and that is with nothing running. When i load a tune (vinyl timecode) it clips in the red.

Managed to do a small mix without too many problems last night but still clipping high.

Cheers
    Hey, did you ever resolve the problem?
    Sorry to everyone else for bringing up an old thread.
    This is happening to me too with Traktor Audio 10.
    Similar if not same circumstances. Can't seem to get out of the red. Therefore, clipping.
    Covered the basics above for sound issues.
    Would love a response back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast