CdJ 400

Thread: CdJ 400

Default CdJ 400

Hello so I have a cdj 400 and I want to change my mixer it's really bad I don't even know the brand. So I have been doing 4 gigs this year with my mixer and I am tired to put music on the cd. Should I change to go on cumputer or no if yes why or if no why ? And I am looking for a new mixer that can be use on computer with the cdj 400

You should try to be a bit more clear.

First, you state you want to change your mixer, but then you go on about the Pioneer CDJ-400's.
    I think you may want to look at an all-in-one controller?

However, you should note that you can use your CDJ-400's with Traktor rather easily. That way you can use your existing setup and make use of your computer (thus not having to burn CD's).

You would have to get something that's Traktor/Serato certified.. I would suggest looking at the programs and seeing which one you would find more appealing, and go from there.

You should post a picture of the mixer you have as well lol

IMG_3785.JPG

here is my mixer i want to change it to a mixer that can work on traktor or serrato and with effects.

i don't know how to put the cdj 400 on traktor ? is it the cdj that i should plug in the computer or the mixer ?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    You would have to get something that's Traktor/Serato certified
    Am i correct in thinking the cdj400's can be used as a controller for Traktor? Would just need to aggregate the audio interfaces.

If you looking at software then I agree with butskristof, a controller might be the way to go. I would recommend getting one that can function as a standalone mixer.

Traktor:
    Kontrol S4.

Serato: Serato Controllers
    Denon mc6000mk2
    DDJ SX (2)
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2