CDJ 900 x DJM 800 x Serato - - USB Hub Latency Issue
    Tech Student

Angry CDJ 900 x DJM 800 x Serato - - USB Hub Latency Issue

Hey DJTT Forum -

New member here. I've been having a bit of trouble with my SL 1 connection to my CDJ 900's, thought someone on here might be able to help me out.

So I normally mix with USB's but I came across a deal for an SL 1 at $60 and I couldn't pass it up. I use a 2012 MBP with this setup. Unfortunately, this notebook only has 2 USB ports and I need 3 to make this work.

Bought a USB hub from Amazon. 4 ports and powered. I connect the Serato box directly to my notebook and both of the CDJ connections through the hub.

What I've been noticing is a pretty shotty connection for the CDJs. They will work for a period of time, usually no more than 15 minutes before losing connection. They will continue to play, but on the screen it prompts me to select between Deck 1 and Deck 2.

Now this is a huge pain to constantly deal with so I'm trying to troubleshoot the problem.

Is this most likely being caused by the hub and its poor connection? Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any recommendations or solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Miguel

Check:
    USB cables (quality? thick? do they have ferrite choke? dont use those crappy for printers)
    USB ports on CDJ's (they are crap on Pioneer CDJ's)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2