Traktor restarted, and erased everything!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor restarted, and erased everything!

I was organizing traktor, and when I quite, and reopened it traktor had me go through the set up wizard, and after that everything was gone except some remix sets. After some research and frustration I decided to update traktor to 2,8.1.

I don't know why this would happen, and is very weird. What can I do to get all my organization, and clean up work back?

It took me hours to do,and I would hate to have to do it all over again.

you could have saved some time and copied the backup settings & collection files created after each session
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

I do have some backup traktor collections, but they are from the older version. Is that an issue? Thanks for the helpful advice:

not unless they are from before version 2.6.8 i believe.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

I'm so confused as to why it would do this though. It's so CRAZY IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY! So what's an efficient way to create a back up?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    you could have saved some time and copied the backup settings & collection files created after each session
    Learned that lesson eh Jester

The hard way.

Tech Wizard

Had the same issue a couple of hours before a gig too. Pushed me over the edge to dump Traktor for CDJ's and vinyl afterwards :P

Tech Convert

It's a huge bummer. So what would be a good way to back up?

i copy the entire traktor folder over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast