How did you get to play on your first gig? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I started organising events before I started DJing so naturally I allready knew party organisers before I've ever even touched a crossfader. One of those friends heard me playing when I was practising and hired me for a new-comer's night in a club. Since I wasn't that bad I was able to play again at a different event from the same crew some weeks later. Since people liked my style I got more offers from different organisers and then it set off nearly by itself...

Simply by chance. Was just a word of mouth and me being available when the opportunity struck!

Tech Wizard

Worked as a bartender in a local bar. One night the DJ was sick (or he had a date, or was drunk, or didn't care), he called too late to get another DJ, so the owner asked if I could play since he liked my music taste. I had not time to go home for my records, but played the 20 records that where in the booth. It sort of worked.

First party gig: Friend was having a party at his farm, heard I had some turntables and invited me to play
    First paid gig: Drum N Bass show at Clockwork's Milk Bar in Cincinnati.
    First Club Gig: Drai's Las Vegas (When it was in Bills) 2010
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I got to spin at a lot of rather big name clubs in Chicago because one of my best friends was already an established DJ in the city.. So he would have a night, and he would tell me to bring my USB so I could throw some tracks with him... So I did that for a bit until I got the hang of it. Once I did that, I started to mingle with people in the scene who run parties and have the power to book DJs, so I started getting gigs here and there. It's still a growing process of course, I'm not one who plays out 3 times a week..... yet

Did a bunch of house parties, name got around, did coke with a club owner, boom!...this was 1997...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Convert

I literally DJed a lot of college parties for free. Gave me a lot of experience

I got to do my first gig at a house party thanks to a mate whose currently booked DJ had to cancel. The party itself could not of gone better and I'm now doing that kind of thing as a part time just to get a nice bit of cash here and there.

Default Off mix posted to soundcloud

first mix i ever uploaded to soundcloud.....a friend posted it on facebook.... a day later i got a msg from a well known DJ in my city who ran a weekly, and asked if i wanted a guest spot. smashed my set and that was that ... never saw it coming!

Handing out 30 min mixes on cd at local bars, also, we were fucking awesome.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast