Idea's For DJ Name ???
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Idea's For DJ Name ???

HI, Thinking about what my DJ name will be, as my name is Julian Lunt I had ideas originally along the lines of:

JUJU,

JULU,

LUJU,( This one I cant use as I live in Indonesia and it sounds to similar to the word for "funny or Cute" in Indonesian)

XOLUNT (this one is old and ive grown to hate)

CAT IN A HAT (love Dr Zues)

NUTS&BOLTS (im A ships Engineer)

CUCI PIRING (this ones a joke a Balinese friend said when i mentioned my aspirations of becoming a DJ to him for the 1000 time, translates as "washing the Dishes")

But most recently I have had a son, and his name is Kai, so i wanted to include his name, as my plan is to be able to DJ and get payed enough so that I wont have to return to sea for work as often as I do now.

so

kAIJU

DEKAI (DE part comes from his Balinese first name)

KAILANDER, (Inspiration taken directly from my son as he loves to pull the Zoolander face, see below)

Picking a DJ name really is not important, you can think of a name later you have plenty of time, if you are just learning to mix a name should be the last thing you should be worrying about.

How about you use your real name, Julian Lunt? Honestly, nobody cares what name you have and whatever name you come up with isn't really going to affect anything, it is just a name.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 11-13-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Tech Mentor

@Xonetacular: Be nice or leave. We'd like to keep this forum ass-free, if that's okay.

And I like the way DJ JULU rolls off the tongue, personally.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

mines just a short version of my real name but spelt the Irish way has been my dj name for donkeys years.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Picking a DJ name really is not important, you can think of a name later you have plenty of time, if you are just learning to mix a name should be the last thing you should be worrying about.

How about you use your real name, Julian Lunt? Honestly, nobody cares what name you have and whatever name you come up with isn't really going to affect anything, it is just a name.
    Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, Constructive criticism is something I always welcome, however yours had a note of destructive criticism, Talk about a mood killer. It was a light hearted post, In which I was looking for some input. I feel that it is important to define a name now, Gives me a feeling that I'm moving forward. Whatever name I pick, I want to be known as from the start.

Maybe I can do it "Gabo" style from the Simpson's"

Gabo, Gabo, GAbo....... who's Gabo.

Segfault & Ciar 2001 - input appreciated, Thankyou.

Tech Mentor

i would go with my real name or a nickname someone gave me. Its hard to pick a dj moniker you'd like. Plus a nickname would feel more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by xolunt View Post
    Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, Constructive criticism is something I always welcome, however yours had a note of destructive criticism, Talk about a mood killer. It was a light hearted post, In which I was looking for some input. I feel that it is important to define a name now, Gives me a feeling that I'm moving forward. Whatever name I pick, I want to be known as from the start.

Maybe I can do it "Gabo" style from the Simpson's"

Gabo, Gabo, GAbo....... who's Gabo.

Segfault & Ciar 2001 - input appreciated, Thankyou.
    My input was constructive, you just didn't like it. Every beginner DJ puts too much emphasis on choosing their name thinking it will somehow define them. In reality it won't. Look how many profession DJs just use their real name.

You can go by dj dogdick and do just fine- that is a real DJ's name from Baltimore, I saw him once and I like that name because it shows just how meaningless a Dj name is and how little it has to do with what you sound like or how successful you will be. Well i guess it's taken, so you would have to pick something else.

Another reason to go by your real name is that it works and will always sound good and professional, unless you find a name you really like and are set on you will probably grow tired of what you pick and what you think is cool now might sound cheesy in a year. Look how many choices you have posted, there must be like 15 names there, are you really going to be able to pick one and not think about if you should have chosen another down the line? It's up to you, you need to be happy and comfortable with it. A lot of the cheesy Dj names end up hurting people down the road. I see bad DJ names all the time that make me cringe they are so cliche or cheesy, if you use your real name it will always sound and look professional.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 11-13-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Tech Mentor

He wasnt making a big deal out of it, he just wanted some recommendations for a dj name.

Peace!!! I refuse to pollute this forum with negative Garbage!
    Last edited by narrah; 11-13-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Bad taste

Calm down lads. @ xolunt i understand what you are after as i went through the same problems coming up with something for myself. i think at one stage i had a list of names in the dozens lol. in the end i just went with nothing and saw my new "official" name on the first flyer, so go figure. Would John Digweed have the same following if he called him self such and such; However i would also reiterate what xone was getting at which is your dj name is not really important in the long run mate, its how people respond and remember you. how many movies have you seen where the whole plot of the film was pretty much explained by the title? bet that movie sucked huh.
    I'm not sure of your experience or exposure but if you are just getting started i would honestly just go with what you got till a better one comes along. peace gentlemen

Last edited by Jester; 11-13-2009 at 07:17 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast