which cd decks to integrate into setup?
    Tech Mentor

Default which cd decks to integrate into setup?

im using a digital set up, with 4deck controls but id like to integrate a cd deck into it. I would mostly use it for timecode control or midi control but id like to have it in case(knock on wood) my laptop starts bugging out during a set.
    I have my eye on these:
    denon
    dns3700
    dns1200

pioneer
    cdj 400
    cdj 800

does anyone have any experiences with these? and any other suggestions i should look at? I might wait until after NAMM but moneys burning a hole in my pocket lol.

CDJ-400 no contest. Definitely not the 3700s, maybe the 3500s if you get any denon but I would forget the 800s too, they are old, the 400s have HID support in Traktor and SSL and are the most high tech and digital friendly controllers out there. The 900s and 2000s will have HID too, but they will be expensive overkill for a digital setup and kind of defeats the purpose of getting them.

Tech Mentor

ive owned a 3500 and they were horrible, cue drifting like mad and alot of other issues. I've tried out the 3700 and they felt pretty good, but no support from NI for the spinning platter. The 900 and 2k's are pointless in my setup, the price tag doesnt help its case either.ill have to go check out a cdj 400 in person though.

I hate denons but heard good stuff about the 3500s where the 3700s had more issues, but all denon gear has problems. Get the 400s.

Tech Mentor

i think you are mistaken. the 3700 have way better reviews then the 3500...

Tech Mentor

I'm personally going to go for a Numark Axis 9 or two, but if I had the money, I'd def go for the pioneer 400s.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault: