Traktor/katapult/launchpad issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor/katapult/launchpad issues

I recently purchased a Launchpad Mini for use with Traktor. I downloaded Katapult in order to make multiple page layouts.

I downloaded Katapult, switched it to 32-bit mode, downloaded the latest driver for the Launchpad mini, and downloaded the latest Java version. Katapult still cannot detect a launchpad.

Can anyone help with this? It seems that the help support on the Katapult site is no longer in use.

The launchpad is detected in other software?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Try connecting it to traktor without katapult, just to be sure that the hardware works fine
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

It works with traktor and everything else perfectly fine.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Problem here could be in Windows since the MIDI port couldn't be shared with multiple software.

I am using a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.10. On the site it said it wasn't being worked on anymore. I wondered if maybe the program doesn't work with newer versions of OSX. Is there a different program that is similar?

i remember using katapult a long time ago, dont remember having any issues it seeing my launchpad tho was with an original one. u could try my midimasher. it has loads of support for launchpads since its what i originally was using it with. its much more flexible than katapult *but* since you write LUA code to configure it katapult is simpler... hit me up if u need any other info on it. havent released a new version in ages but ive been actively developing and djing with it the last few months...

edit: i presume apart from being class compliant the new launchpads use the same midi as the original ones?

also... midimasher has a builtin sequencer now so you can use on page of your launchpad like a maschine triggering a remix deck in traktor (or anything else for that matter)
    Last edited by zestoi; 07-02-2015 at 05:20 AM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Sounds like you need MidiYoke/MidiOx mate.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

i seem to remember katapult having to detect the launchpad directly... guess it cant be drivers since the newer launchpads are class compliant tho...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i remember using katapult a long time ago, dont remember having any issues it seeing my launchpad tho was with an original one. u could try my midimasher. it has loads of support for launchpads since its what i originally was using it with. its much more flexible than katapult *but* since you write LUA code to configure it katapult is simpler... hit me up if u need any other info on it. havent released a new version in ages but ive been actively developing and djing with it the last few months...

edit: i presume apart from being class compliant the new launchpads use the same midi as the original ones?

also... midimasher has a builtin sequencer now so you can use on page of your launchpad like a maschine triggering a remix deck in traktor (or anything else for that matter)
    I would love to try it. To be honest, I have no idea how to use LUA code though, so it may be difficult.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast