audio 8 & remix deck routing.....
    Tech Convert

Default audio 8 & remix deck routing.....

hi guys, looking for some help please

so heres what i got, traktor scratch pro with 2 plx1000 turntables and djm800 mixer. audio 8, kontol x1 and kontrol f1.i have seen pictures and youtube vids so i guess a few people have a similar setup.

because of the phono/line situation on the djm800, i use channels 3 & 4 for the turntables with the x1 for their cues and such. i use the f1 for the remix decks in channel 1.

i would like to be able to scratch with the remix deck, but i am very unsure as to wiring it all. i have an RCA mess from the audio 8 to the mixer and i cannot highlight the cd or turntable icon on the remix deck

i would greatly appreciate any help, i hope someone out there has this all working perfect!
    i only have the turntables and f1 about a week so i apologize if this is basic knowledge, i just get my head around all the routing and settings.

This is dead easy, mate.

No wiring changes needed at all.

i cannot highlight the cd or turntable icon on the remix deck
    That is because you do NOT have your Remix deck set up to accept a timecode signal.

You need to change your audio routing in Traktors Preferences so that your Remix Deck (C or D?) accepts audio input from one of the Phono In's on your Audio 8.

So, you will have the Timecode Signal from one of your decks routed to 1 Track Deck and 1 remix deck - but you'll only ever use one of these decks with timecode at any one time.

Then, you need to set up a button (toggle/modifier) to switch Vinyl Control from one of your Track Decks to the Remix Deck. Alternatively, you can just use the mouse and click on Vinyl Control on the Remix Deck.

What you could do, is have Decks C + D set up as remix decks, and share the Timecode Control between A + C, and B + D. So, potentially, you would always have timecode control over all 4 decks, and any combination of Track Deck and Remix Deck that you'd like.

Track Deck & Track Deck
    Track Deck & Remix Deck
    Remix Deck & Remix Deck

You're gonna have a lot of fun with that set-up, mate!

Also - ALL of your channels should be set to LINE IN on the DJM. The PHONO signal comes from the PLX1000, but as soon as it gets into Traktor (via the A8) it becomes a LINE LEVEL signal. Traktor outputs it at LINE LEVEL, and it arrives at the DJM at LINE LEVEL.

You'd only use PHONO IN on the DJM if you were using REAL VINYL, and the PLX1000 RCA was connected DIRECTLY to the DJM.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

wow man, thats SERIOUS information !!!

thanks you so much, you make it sound easy!

i couldnt get my head around it all. thanks for a thumbs up on my gear, it makes me smile seeing it every day!

i really appreciate your time in answering this for me, i was really stumped. thank you, thank you!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Pat

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj