Which dj controller?
    Tech Student

Default Which dj controller?

Hello guys!

I have djed for many years in clubs using vinyl only. After my kids I knocked that all on the head and over the years my equipment got damaged and thrown away. Now I'm looking to get a dj controller to use for home. I'm not sure which to get? I would like to do all my own beatmatching and learn to use loops and fx efficiently. I was tossing up between tractor s2 mk2 or the Numark N4. But now I was hoping to get something cheaper but still with precise pitch control. I'd prefer 4 channels as I think getting a cheap MPC would be fun to use.

Any advise would be superb.

Thanks in advance

i was in a similar situation a few years ago - minus the kids part... sold my 1200's and mixers and later regretted it when i heard they stopped making them after probably 10 years away from djing i also started out wanting to do my own beatmatching and hated the idea of sync but thats the way ive ended up going. instead of using an mpc i picked up a maschine. ill be picking up a pair of turntables and mixer in the near future but pretty itll be just for using at home - when playing out ill be sticking with traktor/sync/midi/etc

the hid mode of the s2 or s4 should give u some of the best jog control within traktor if u really wanted to beat match manually. for loops+fx the x1 works really well...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"