I need help fixing some vocals

Unhappy I need help fixing some vocals

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting in this section so just let me know if I left something out. Ive been working on a track and wanted to put in some vocals recorded in my makeshift studio. Full disclaimer the recording was done on a 20 dollar mic in a not very acoustic space.

My goal is to try and get the live recording to sound like the acapella I am using. When I saw "sound like" I am talking about warming up the vocal and removing some of the tin like echo sound. Ive been playing with it for like 5 days and have exhausted youtube. I also only have ableton live intro so I dont have access to the fancy effects only basic ones.

This link is for the folder with the vocal recording, the acapella I want it to sound like, and a preview of how shitty it sounds together.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...1p4OWI3T2wycjQ

If it cant be done I will just take it out and use the other acapella instead.
    Setup - DJM-900Nexus, Kontrol F1, Kontrol x1 MK2, Lenovo Yoga 11s i7 8gig ram, 256 SSD.

Tech Mentor

1. The you pitched the sample -2st while it should be -1st. So no matter how hard you try by throwing effects on it: It will sound rubbish.

2. Her voice is nice, but out of pitch!

Give her headphones with the melody on any keyboard(at lower volume) and herself while recording. Or you harmonize it with a quick chord progression to give her a more stable background to sing to. Also you'll want to record more than one take.

Use auto-tune if you have any, but don't just throw it on there, use with taste. Than you layer the samples. Pan one left and one right, one (or more) middle. Delay the side ones by a few ms (indiviudally, different). Add reverb. Add less reverb to the mono material than to the sides for an even stronger effect. Sidechain the Reverb to the dry signal for the middle to keep it clear. EQ at different stages to keep the highs present, but in range. You can try to repitch one mono take to +12 and mix in a percentage. I think that should get you closer at least.

Thanks for taking a look, I will try rerecording with the tips you gave me. Thanks for the help and Ill respond again once I make some progress
    Setup - DJM-900Nexus, Kontrol F1, Kontrol x1 MK2, Lenovo Yoga 11s i7 8gig ram, 256 SSD.