Xone 92 Filter Problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Xone 92 Filter Problem

Hey DJTT,

Bought a new Allen and Heath Xone:92 mixer on Friday night, but ive been away for the weekend so only just managed to have a play around on it tonight (Sunday.)

At the start of the 3 hours of mixing, both filters working perfectly, then about 2.5 hours in, Filter2's HPF just completely cut the sound, no matter whether its at 30hz or 20khz. The LPF worked from 30hz to about 100hz before cutting out, then completely cut the sound.

I tried the filter on different channels, compared it to the other filter etc

Has anyone else had this problem, or have any recommendation?

cheers

Tech Guru

take it back under warranty?

Tech Wizard

That is probably what i will end up doing, But i wondered if others have had the same problem?

Tech Guru

I have had mine for 5plus years hasn't skipped a beat, thangs break in manufacturing just take it back ASAP

Tech Wizard

Just an Update,

Took the unit back, shop played around with it till they found the intermittent fault.

gave me a new unit

4 hours later, HPF has gone again.

edit: just checked, so has the LPF

can't be a reoccuring problem with this batch production?

Tech Guru

Wow, yeah maybe, get money back and go to a different shop, maybe they got cheaper units somehow on the grey market, who knows.

My unit was one of the originals built in the UK years ago, I know they changed manufacturing to China with cheaper components, the xone is a great mixer but it's not one of the most sonically amazing products in the world, better than a pioneer though

Mine does have a warm period with a little internal buzzing until the whole thing heats up over the first 15-30mins.

Good luck with it though

Tech Wizard

This is extremely unusual...my Xone:62 is pretty old, 2006ish vintage, and the filters have, to my knowledge, never needed any sort of repair, or had any issues, other than occasional contact cleaning for scratchy pots.

I would return and buy from another dealer.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    Wow, yeah maybe, get money back and go to a different shop, maybe they got cheaper units somehow on the grey market, who knows.

My unit was one of the originals built in the UK years ago, I know they changed manufacturing to China with cheaper components, the xone is a great mixer but it's not one of the most sonically amazing products in the world, better than a pioneer though

Mine does have a warm period with a little internal buzzing until the whole thing heats up over the first 15-30mins.

Good luck with it though
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    This is extremely unusual...my Xone:62 is pretty old, 2006ish vintage, and the filters have, to my knowledge, never needed any sort of repair, or had any issues, other than occasional contact cleaning for scratchy pots.

I would return and buy from another dealer.
    dealer is legit, bought everything else dj related from there and never had a single problem.

MIGHT be due to the chinese manufacture, but can't say that.

I have noticed that if i move my cdj's away from the 92, then the filters start working again. maybe an over heating problem?

Tech Wizard

Wow! Really weird...could be some kind of strange interference? I've used 92s in clubs packed up against CDJs and 1200s and never had an issue...both new grey faceplate, and the silver, never been an issue, and have had my 62 running all day with no problem...

Really odd..

Tech Wizard

hmmm might be a batch problem then. Guess ill be taking it back on Monday for another one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast