Need help controlling the Pioneer XDJ-RX and Rekordbox blind
    Tech Wizard

Default Need help controlling the Pioneer XDJ-RX and Rekordbox blind

Hi @ all,
    You may have read my posts in the forum before. If not here is a quick rekap:
    I am 100% blind from birth. I am deejaying since 1988 and want to upgrade my gear to do more cool stuff.
    I am allready looking into Traktor with hardware and the DJay Pro aplikation with hardware.
    Today I want to know if some of you have the Pioneer XDJ-RX with rekordbox and kan imagine controlling it 100% blind?
    I have read the manual allready and from what I read it may be possible.

The only concerns I have are the following:
    1. when I prepare my songs in rekordbox or on the Pioneer XDJ-RX how does beadgritting work? Is it possible to do it by ear like in Traktor?

On the Pioneer XDJ-RX is there an option for menues to always start from a certen option?
    Example:
    a menue with play, beadgritt, synk always starts with play even if I have selekted beadgritt before. that is exencial for me to be able to remember menues.

I need to study the manual more but it should work.
    I also want to know how pre-listening to songs with the Pioneer XDJ-RX works? will I have to load every track to a deck?

I may have more questions but for now these will help. Thanks in atvance for helping.

Tech Wizard

Does none of you have the player and is able to answer my questions? I am a bit suprised:-)

Tech Mentor

I guess that there are only a very few XDJ-RX users here since it is a fairly expensive and new piece of hardware.I do not owne one of these either so I can not tell you for certain how the behaviour on the RX concerning the menu is, but I'm rather sure that it will be either the same every time your start it up or it'll stay where you left it. Either way you probably will be able to work with that. This is only an assumption though, which is based on my experience with other CDJs and the XDJ-R1, which I had for quite some time.

Your question how beatgridding works is not that easy since I am not blind and can not really imagine beeing, but if the process is friendly to blind people or you have some assistance you can try it yourself at least in the recordbox software itself on your PC or Mac since the software is free!

It is also possible to adjust the beat grid on the XDJ-RX, but I can only refer to the manual here. I'd assume that this means you can do it by ear, but than again it's hard to tell without having the acutal unit in front of me.

I'm sorry I couldn't help more, but maybe at least the knowledge about the free rekordbox software helps. By the way you can download it rekordbox.com/en/download .

Good luck!

Can't help you on the Pioneer controller part, but I do know that Lance Blaise is next to blind and is working overtime in Traktor.

Might want to contact him?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

thank you both!
    I am leaving the pionier out for now. Rekordbox is in no way accessible. I try to get DJay 2 on the Iphone working with a bead pad and as a longer projekt Traktor with S4 etc.
    Thanks for all your help!

I might return to pionier once there are more people who have it.