MF3D Colour midi mapping?

Default MF3D Colour midi mapping?

just wondering if anyone happens to know of a good explanation on how to map colours of the buttons based on midi signal, and not using the utility. i'm looking to colour code the buttons individually per project. if someone happens to have some time to explain such things, i'd really appreciate it.

thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Using MIDI to determine all LED colors is based of the velocity received by the software. You can check the Midifighter User Guide to see what color is corresponding to actual velocity values.

MF 3D User Guide

MF Twister User Guide

What software you are mapping your Midifighter to?

i'm using ableton. i read through the manual, and kind of get it, but not quite. from my understanding, i setup a midi clip and routed the midi in from the midi fighter, all channels, and midi out to channel 4. is this correct? if it is, from there, how do i setup colours?

thanks for your help!

never mind, figured out the routing based on a template i found, and how to map with dummy clips, using velocity.

thanks!

alright, so last night what i did figure out was to use dummy clips to send the colour info to the MF3D for note off values, then i tried to figure out note on values, and came to realize that each button would need it's own midi channel to accommodate individual button pressing. i read through the manual again and still dont really get how to set this up. in the manual, there is also mention of being able to program brightness, gate, and pulse. all of which are controlled by velocity. how is it that these can be used if the velocity information is also used to select particular colours?

is there a template that someone is willing to share that show's how to setup ableton for using on, and off color values, and animations for the MF3D?

i'm more of a visual learner, and would like to understand how to use this tool.

thanks again.