How do you start tracks in time?

Default How do you start tracks in time?

I feel embarrassed to ask this but...

In T3 if I hit cue/play the track would drop in on the next beatgrid line, but I can't get this to happen in TPro. Beatgrids are set up and tracks sync'd, but the tracks always drop in instantly and I need to press sync to get them in time.

I've read the manual and searched this and NI forum but found nothing, why is it only me in the whole world that can't figure this out?
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk

I think you wanna use the synchro start function mate. have both sync buttons highlighted and the one on the master deck should be half lit, which means the sync start is armed, when you start the second deck it will start on the beat and the same bpm.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

You press play and the track jumps to the next beat?

Maybe you're pressing the button late and you have quantize/snap on (not sure which cos I don't use that).

I think the problem here is that the TS does not have the quantize/snap function on. In your case you want to have this on. There is a little button in the top center of your screen a little bit left of your master volume called snap. You want to have this highlighted. I think this will do the trick for you...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Quote Originally Posted by DennisHuiberts View Post
    I think the problem here is that the TS does not have the quantize/snap function on. In your case you want to have this on. There is a little button in the top center of your screen a little bit left of your master volume called snap. You want to have this highlighted. I think this will do the trick for you...
    Exactly you have to enable quantize mode, in T3 it was called snap mode.. remeber? you had Cd mode, snap mode and vinyl... You are like if you were using vinyl mode in T3

1,2,3,4 play

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by DennisHuiberts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    Exactly you have to enable quantize mode, in T3 it was called snap mode.. remeber? you had Cd mode, snap mode and vinyl... You are like if you were using vinyl mode in T3
    Cheers guys, that's done the trick. So obvious but I just couldn't find it explained anywhere, I did try honest
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk

Tech Mentor

Anyway imo it's better to have low latency and NOT use quantize as it can limit any other thing that's not on the beat.

If you want to play a la controllerism with cue points you'll need to develop rythm abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    1,2,3,4 play
    thats served me well forever!

True, but I'm having difficulties creating perfect loops when I'm not having the snap function on...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"