Moving Into The DJTT Area

Default Moving Into The DJTT Area

I've been following these guys for about 3ish years now. I purchased a Traktor Kontrol S2 on their recommendation. I took so much advice from Ean's videos and practiced a lot. I kind of just stopped practicing, life got in front of me and now I've graduated high school and am going to be attending SF State and will be living in the area (15 min away actually). I realized that I'd be staying a while and would like to start up my practice again, and maybe even connect with some of the DJTT members and community. I have basically all of the gear necessary that a beginner mobile DJ would need to make some noise. This post was aimed at the admin of DJTT, but I didn't want to bug them with my fanboy tendencies (they probably won't even read this *cough*). Please feel free to discuss your journeys into or out of the music world and all of you Bay Area people speak up!

P.S. Also looked at all of the job openings for DJTT and realized how much of a dream it would be to work there, but I have only restaurant quality customer service experience and that is all.

DJTT Koala

Welcome to the forum!

I was actually in a similar position as you a year ago. I grew up with DJTT and I have been a reader of the blog since 2010ish. In high-school, I practiced DJing like a sport and eventually got to the point where I was hired for school dances, birthdays, and even a couple of weddings. Then my senior year I got accepted to USF and moved to San Francisco in August. I met a few people in the DJ TechTools community and now (miraculously) I am a part-time writer for the blog. I am now going into my sophomore year of college while still working with DJTT from time to time. I am still wondering how it all happened to be honest. haha

Not sure if you know this or not but there was an actual store and community space in SF for awhile. (It was awesome!) However, the lease was up and DJTT had to find a new spot. The warehouse and office have found a home but the community space is still TBD. I'm hoping it comes back soon.

Anyway, I just wanted to say what's up! If you ever want to talk DJing or need some advice just let me know. I can say that a cool place to start is SF State's radio station. They do some awesome programming and I can say that being involved with college radio is a great experience musically and as a DJ.
    --
    Dean William
    DJ | Journalist | Producer | Koala
    http://www.DeanWilliam.com