Mapping a midi output when a cue point passes?

Default Mapping a midi output when a cue point passes?

Is there a way for Traktor to output a midi signal if a cue flag has passed? I know there is a cue output but I'm pretty sure it's to indicate if a cue point exists, not if the cue has "passed" during playback.

My usual routine is marking the song intro with cue 1, drop with 2, bridge with 3, 2nd drop with 4, and outtro with 5. I want to send via midi output the some signals that hint on what position in a song and the "phrase" it's in via those cue flags.

I'm experimenting with midi-controlled Arduino stuff like having lights flash to the beat of a song and an autoturntablist robot. One thing I want to try out is Arduino-controlled lighting, using serial-midi input and dmx output. Like have a strobe pattern change on the drop.

pretty cool idea for lighting control i cant see any midi out like that for cues tho so somehow youd need to input that data and use the midi clock ticks or possibly the seek position (but wouldnt be so accurate) to work out where in the track u were.

shame that when u map the seek position to a pitchbend it still maps it into the 0-127 range, otherwise it might be useful.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I think that the LoopCue could send out the midi signal trough the "Is In Active Loop" output. Then just program Traktor to disengage the loop right after the drop.