Streaming From A Live Event To A Remote Computer

Default Streaming From A Live Event To A Remote Computer

Anyone have experience streaming live events?

I want to stream the audio from a live DJ event to a terrestrial FM radio station. What they call a "live remote."

So the radio station has a solid internet connection but the live event will be remote and might not have any wi-fi.

Relying on a 4G connection to upstream sounds risky.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tech Wizard

not sure if this was even a thing, but was there a 'dongle' that you could plug into your computer and get Internet anywhere?

i might have just made this up, but pretty sure it was a thing. even less sure that the speeds will be as good as 4g

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

If they don't have Wi-Fi, 4G is going to really be your only choice, streaming audio should be OK as it wont require that much bandwidth to stream up (most likely only 256kbps), losing connection would be the biggest issue.

Just hope the cell tower is close and you have people on standby in both locations to re-stablish connection if necessary.

If the 4G signal is ropey try 3G instead there should still be plenty of bandwidth and less people seem to use it if 4g is available.

Tech Wizard

I streamed with 4G through the Traktor Pro 2, a friend of mine set up a server which I streamed to. You could simply connect to it with VLC. It worked like a charm.

3G sounds cool. Because the 4G might be choked. What's VLC? Media player?

Thanks for the tips.

Tech Wizard

Yes https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html. I don't know about the technical side of the server though.