noob needs help.!!!!.

Default noob needs help.!!!!.

Hi all.... thanks for reading this ... shoot me down if its in the wrong thread...

I have an Icon I-DJ and I-PAD midi controlers (I tried using the search button but came back with wrong I-PAD!!)

I use Deckadance which came with the I-DJ which works ok.. The I-PAD midi controler came with MAGIX Samplitude 10..which has be discontinued.. So I have got Samplitude silver which works ok but doesnt have the I-PAD midi controller map in its list...

Two Questions....

How do I use the I-PAD midi and I-DJ controler with deckadance.... at the sametime....
    and ....

How do I get hold of a map for the I-PAD midi controller in Samplitude??

Any help/guidence greatfuly recieved

Cheers all

Chris

Tech Mentor

I never heard of that controller. I can't believe they haven't been sued up the ass about the name

Have you read under the part titled: Remote midi control
    . https://www.image-line.com/support/D..._midiscripting

At the end it says it's possible.

I don't have deck-a-dance so this would be my best guess. I've heard it's pretty solid though.

Samplitude silver, I can't find anything about specifically. I don't want to assume anything. As long as it's class compliant controller, it's possible to use with a majority of software midi software . you can search at http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php?search...amp;sh[]=s
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Hi thanks for the reply.....

The problem is the controller isnt shown in deckadance... the I-DJ deck is.... i was wondering if I had to change the midi channel(???)... but not knowing much about midi im a bit stuck!!!

The brand Icon has a few bits of kit about.... its inexpensive...especially if u get it of a popular auction site!!!

I did think about the I-PAD name being a bit naughty!!

The only other problem is most of the newer software needs newer computers and Win7 minimum to run them... im trying to do it on a tight budget.... (maybe too tight) .....

Thanks again for your assistance...

If I get anywhere ill post it here...just in case anyone else is messing with this make... but its probably just me!!!!

Cheers

Chris

Tech Mentor

What is your OS?
    Good thing is that MIDI is 30 years old. Unfortunately, USB-MIDI is not. If it's class compliant you might be in luck.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Hi..... im using XP.... on an old HP dv6500 dual core AMD 64 bit 4gb (only 3 is seen though).. but using the 32 bit XP...

I'm getting somewhere... i think.. in samplitude im able to activate the keys but no sound as i cant figure out how to assign a sample to a key....

I dont think I can have the 2 controllers in at the same time though, with them both plugged in the idj is ignored..

I'm totaly new to midi.. ive only just got into this stuff!!

Cheers

Chris