[Electro] Marky Young- Senses (Original Mix)

Default Marky Young- Senses (Original Mix)

This tune is more a Bigroom/ Melbourne track. I know a lot of you on here are not really in this type of music but it's what I enjoy making Still working on getting my mixdown good. Let me know what ya think just try not to be so harsh.
    One feeds the pocket, the other feeds the soul "DJ Mpire"

I used to make Bounce myself.. Not a bad track I would personally bring up the kick + bass a bit more to really make the track punch.

Thanks dude, I'm still working on my mixdowns. It's a bit difficult to get that punch without distorting, I think it has something to do with my EQing. Having trouble with that shit to, but trial and error.

Melbourne style kicks are very clicky and thin. I would find a nice punchy drum and do a low cut on it somewhere between 40-50hz just find the sweet spot. You may have to layer a punchy kick with another one to get that high end presence. The basslines in Bounce aren't tough to achieve either, they're usually sidechained to all hell to give it that cut through effect

Yeah I do layer my kicks for the low and high haha. Yeah the basslines are easy usually the bass hits on every upbeat giving it that "bounce" feel. But I'm not very knowledgeable on frequencies or HZ. I'm currently in the processes of learning and understanding it, so I know when to cut the lows and highs on the EQ so my frequencies won't be all over the place.

from left to right side of your eq it ranges 20-20,000 hz (in most cases, some eq's can stretch a bit more but this is the basic layout)

below 30 hz isnt audible to the human ear, so no sense in really keeping anything under that. and it's not a science either, it's just what sounds good/whats in key. abletons spectrum analyzer will tell you what key your sound is in
    Last edited by Kwal; 07-13-2015 at 04:10 PM.