Finger Drumming Game in the works

Default Finger Drumming Game in the works

Hi guys!

I have been working on a Finger drumming game for a while now. The game is called is Fdrummasta and you can see it in action here:

At the moment you can use the computer keyboard or a custom controller I made with Arduino. The ultimate goal is to use commercial MIDI controllers. Have a look at the video and please let me know if you've any suggestions!

Tech Mentor

ah, guitar hero but with finger drumming. nicely done.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

ha cool idea
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Fingering hero had to say it...

Tech Mentor

Pretty cool dude. I would put in some grid lines on the scroll to make it better for timing. I know its an early build but also make sure the colors are totally different, as not to get confused like making the hit highlight color a lighter version of the color on the key. But really good.

Tech Wizard

Looks awesome, I would somehow make the connection from keys to the notes more recognizable .

Thanks for your comments guys!

Dj matt and Fadex I am taking your advice into consideration. I am working on a new system
    to make the connection from key to note more natural. The game will be keyboard compatible but
    at some stage I would love to make it compatible with the MIDi Fighter and similar devices
    What do you think? Would you like to see that feature implemented?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Cool stuff fdrummasta!

Midifighter seem perfect for controlling this

If you decide to build support for MF3D at some point, I'd be glad to give that a try. You can check the MF3D User Guide to find MIDI Appendix for assignable notes and button color/brightness/flash/pulse velocity values if you don't already have a Midifighter.

Cheers,

Tech Mentor

Yes, definitely needs to be midi compatible. There could be midi maps for different controllers so the user picks which controller they are using and it automatically loads.

Awesome feedback. Cheers again guys,

Stewe:

Thanks for the offer. Yeah the Midifighter is a really nice device and the PDF you shared with me is great.
    The main problem is that I don't have a Midifighter myself. But I will start implementing -MIDI in- soon enough
    using an old midi controller I have to get started.

dj matt blaze:

Yeah. For the first version of the game I was thinking that because there are not that many buttons to setup
    I will let the user reassign the keys for his/her particular controller and save the configuration for next time.