Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 use with serato/traktor mapping?

Default Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 use with serato/traktor mapping?

so i see you can buy the mixtrack pro 3 that ships with Virtual DJ for $150 brand new vs the one that ships with serato for $250. Could i not just download serato DJ and use it? or does it need a special soundcard to use with serato? and how about for Traktor?

i'm not sure how the midimapping and soundcards work. seems like a no brainer to buy the $150 one and just download the software?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by elseanjuan View Post
    so i see you can buy the mixtrack pro 3 that ships with Virtual DJ for $150 brand new vs the one that ships with serato for $250. Could i not just download serato DJ and use it? or does it need a special soundcard to use with serato? and how about for Traktor?

i'm not sure how the midimapping and soundcards work. seems like a no brainer to buy the $150 one and just download the software?
    You are looking at 2 different controllers: the Mixtrack Pro III and the Mixtrack III.

The Pro is $249 the Non-Pro is $149

They both look the same at a glance, however ......

• The non-pro comes with VDJ (lite)
    • The Pro comes with Serato (intro)
    • The Pro has a soundcard (required for serato), the non-pro does not have a built in soundcard

Yes you could map either for Traktor. If you already have a soundcard with 2 x stereo outputs you could get the non-pro and use whatever DJ software you like (except Serato)

You need the built in Soundcard in the pro for Serato support.
    Last edited by deevey; 07-13-2015 at 01:09 AM.

Wow awesome response! I'm a cdj user with rekordbox so I know nothing of the different sound cards lol. Thanks! Makes life easy