Adding a 32 count intro and outro to a song?
    Tech Wizard

Default Adding a 32 count intro and outro to a song?

Hi All! I'm a senior in highschool and in 4 weeks I will be DJing for my schools semi-formal dance. The issue I face is most of my past has been of mixing techno, however since it's a highschool dance I need to play rap and Club music. The question I have is.. Since it's ALOT easier to mix into and out of a song with a "32 count intro" or "32 count outro", how can I easily add one to each song I would like to play at the dance that doesn't have an intro or outro with just instrumentals? Also, are there types of mixes of songs I should look for that might already have these?

I have heard of club mix, radio mix, and the like- however I dont know exacly what elements these mixes contain or mean to me as a Dj.

Thanks!
    All help is greatly appreciated!

Your best bet is to go for club or extended mixes, and avoid radio mixes. Club and extended tend to have those intro's and outro's, whereas the radio versions are short... because most people listening to the radio dont want to hear a big 60 second instrumental intro.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Man when tracks are a bit short at the intro for mixing you may drop a 16 or 32 bar loop, so in that way you are creating a bit of an intro and then you may realease the loop when you are ready. Same goes for the outros. I honestly think that going to produce your own intro's or outros is not a realistic idea for a night long set.

I would recommend you to practice a bit with traktor and you will find that there are methods to make it possible. Just my thoughts...

Cheers!

From what I saw, most hip-hop records have something like that shortly before the end, perhaps start with a queue-point in that section and then cut to the Intro? Might work on at least some of the records.
    I mix stuff on my things...