HELP - Last checks and tips before my first controller gig. - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Id have the limiter enabled, just try your best never to actually have it engadge !

Its there to pick up mistakes, not as an excuse not to use your gain properly.

Cheers Bento!

How does one tell when the Limiter engages?

Scuse the ignorance.....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

When you see those red pixels in the master level

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Preferences -> Mixer -> Level -> Enable Master Limiter
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

LOL. Yeah....i got all that sorted. I meant...if the limiter is off and you are red lining...you are clipping. So when the limiter is on and you red lining....you are not clipping as the limiter is then engaged? So what i should be asking is does is work well? Like if i am clipping slightly...just a wee bit in the red every so often....the limiter will keep my sound from clipping? I tested it and it sounds fine. So why not enable the autogain and the limiter? Unless its buggy..... My sound is usually excellent when i use CDs on that rig. I am just worried that it will be different with Traktor. Thanks for the advice guys. I am sure it will go smooth and tight! Homework has been done. I AM READY TO ROCK!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Guru

Hey sara! Congrats for your first time playing live with controllers!

Can you record your set? I will be happy to check it as soon as you post it :P

I will also play this weekend, 24/nov is my birthday and we will celebrate it playing Psytrance at my father-in-law's house, he has a nice soundsystem and when it's on the max it shakes the house down

Good luck and may the force be with you!

Thanks dude. Yeah i will record and also get a mate to take some video footage. Just ran through my set this morning.....oh yes....we are gonna rock! Figured out a new gater trick too.....got a full arsenal now.

Tech Guru

you have to teach me this trick
    I'm pretty lost in the matter of effects that could work with psytrance, I'm tired of the Oxygen's slices, it works only for electro...

Ah its simple mate. When i got two tracks layered....playing at the same time....i put the gater on the second track while the wet dry is off. Then i use it to fade the gater effect in. You can hardly notice its there until you start tweaking the amount. You can get it to sound like an added lead. Obviously you can add to it like turning up the filter or using the slicer etc. I still need to make smart knobs for these things.....but baby steps.....hahaha.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Ah its simple mate. When i got two tracks layered....playing at the same time....i put the gater on the second track while the wet dry is off. Then i use it to fade the gater effect in. You can hardly notice its there until you start tweaking the amount. You can get it to sound like an added lead. Obviously you can add to it like turning up the filter or using the slicer etc. I still need to make smart knobs for these things.....but baby steps.....hahaha.
    hohoho I will try it this weekend, thanks for the tip

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast