Stems - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stems

Tech Guru

4 tracks aren't enough why could it be much much higher and then it depends how how big it crunches the file size down. I can't see it working with any of the music I use and make, proper techno, to much reverb and delays being sent to sends. The only thing I'd want is to get rid of vocals on some tracks , maybe.

Tech Mentor

Stupid idea. Why would I want to give you my individual multi-tracks or tell you exactly how I did any mix? Hell, I don't even like having to put track names on DJ mixes. If it was a stock, I'd short the hell out of this idea. Is anyone selling NI insurance on this business venture, and can I hedge against it?

http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Tech Guru

Bad product video and you can see it's only for these shitty trance songs

I'm not sure this will take off.

If you're a producer why would you want to give away your creations for someone to make a pants remix with it?

With all the elements of a track that make a decent song, how are cutting in and out 4 separate parts going to sound interesting? Most people will be mashing these up left, right and centre making a sonic mess that will sound boring after a few bars.

Why are they any different to buying a sample pack or sounds pack and using those?
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    I'm not sure this will take off.

If you're a producer why would you want to give away your creations for someone to make a pants remix with it?
    Seems to be the general consensus...

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post

Why are they any different to buying a sample pack or sounds pack and using those?
    Remember when beatport used to do remix contests?... and sell the stems package with maybe 8 or 10 tracks?.. Feels like a rebranding of that but with a manufacturer behind it.

Trouble was, none of those songs were every anything I cared to do something with.

Has anyone gotten a hold of a proper stem track?.. are these just being handed around in closed circles to build hype videos? I'd like to see how the software interacts with them etc...
    Traxus Interactive Webiste (Lemur template download here)
    Traxus Interactive on Facebook (Most up to date news here)

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    Stupid idea. Why would I want to give you my individual multi-tracks or tell you exactly how I did any mix? Hell, I don't even like having to put track names on DJ mixes. If it was a stock, I'd short the hell out of this idea. Is anyone selling NI insurance on this business venture, and can I hedge against it?
    You're one of those guys that loves to hide their amazing tracks. Oy vey. I'm sure producers would love to hear that.

Narcissist DJ.

Tech Convert

I have one question is it possible to create stem file just with song and smpte code and send one channel with music to speakers and smpte code to resolume ?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    such cringe.

Tech Convert

Default Stems

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    4 tracks aren't enough why could it be much much higher and then it depends how how big it crunches the file size down. I can't see it working with any of the music I use and make, proper techno, to much reverb and delays being sent to sends. The only thing I'd want is to get rid of vocals on some tracks , maybe.

4 stems playing on 4 channels is actually 16 different stuff to play with idk what's not enough...lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast