Stems
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stems

Default Stems

Hi all,

Just a quick one....

As you all maybe aware NI are bringing a new open source format to the djing world called "STEMS"

If you are not aware of Stems this is what NI say about them...

"A Stem file is an open, multi-channel audio file that contains a track split into four musical elements –bass, drums, vocals, and melody for example. With each element available independently, you can mix in ways that just weren’t possible until now."

My question is??

Are Stems available to the general public and if so where can I obtain them from?

A simple Google search reveals the following.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Supposed to be some time either later this month or next that Stems will become available. Would be nice to get a firmer timeframe of the release, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Notanon View Post
    Supposed to be some time either later this month or next that Stems will become available. Would be nice to get a firmer timeframe of the release, though.
    Yhea i think they did not give us a precise date because they want to get it right in one try. If the Stems become available but there are virtually no artists on Beatport that offer them no one is going to start using them thus failing to create a big demand for stem files which would cause no more artist to release them.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Guru

I truly think it will go the way of remix decks, nobody really uses them.

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    I truly think it will go the way of remix decks, nobody really uses them.
    Agree. NI and beatport are losing focus fast. They think they're invincible and are not listening to their users advice.

Tech Mentor
    Traktor Scratch Pro 3.01 /MacOS High Sierra/Macbook Pro 13inch Early 2015
    MF Twister /Kontrol F1/Kontrol X1 Mk2 x 2/XDJ 1000 MK2 x2/Maschine Mk2/RMX 1000
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Tech Guru

Mp3 = normal price
    wav & AIFF - Premium price 9who knows why the fick)
    Stems - stupid money price (eat me assholio )

im personally looking forward to just messing with the stem creation tool.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Yhea i think they did not give us a precise date because they want to get it right in one try. If the Stems become available but there are virtually no artists on Beatport that offer them no one is going to start using them thus failing to create a big demand for stem files which would cause no more artist to release them.
    My whole question is whether producers will WANT to make stems for their fire tracks readily available as per them losing recognition for making that track and so on.

I mean, how long did it take most of us to realize Afrika Bambaataa was looping Kraftwerk (or that everyone else was looping Kraftwerk)

Also, why only 4 stems?! I mean I get the simplicity argument but why wouldn't Beat Port just continue to sell Remix parts (as many stems as you want) and let the buyer crunch them down to their 4 selected tracks?

I'm open to it and interested in seeing the interface but I feel like adoption rates are going to be abysmal as people stand to be hesitant to just hand out their hard earned synth and basslines...
    Traxus Interactive Webiste (Lemur template download here)
    Traxus Interactive on Facebook (Most up to date news here)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast