djing in kuwait???

Default djing in kuwait???

anyone recomend what i should buy/have shipped to me in kuwait while im on deployment?? btw its been awhile since ive been on here. Army has been eating up all my time since september and i just got in for a 2 week break then im gone for a year (((( so any ideas/tips would be great!!

Hey man, could you be a bit clearer? Are you looking for a vynil/CD/timecode/digital setup and what are your wshes for the setup? A little bit more information helps us, and you in the end, a lot .
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

well im going to be in a kind of trailer i assume. our mission hasnt really been clearly stated to us. i just wnat something small to start out with so i cna mix and play around with. i currently have a modded oxy 8 that i wont take with me. i just need something small and durable.

Well obviously the VCI-100 is pretty small like the size of a laptop and very durable since it's made of metal... I think a laptop with a SSD and a VCI-100 Arcade is the most combat proof DJ setup you can get
    Erase. Stop. Start.

SCS 3m and 3d Series are pretty bulletproof, light, extra small yet super powerful if space is a big concern.

Indeed, a VCI-100/300 or SCS 3M and SCS 3D will do the trick. It's just a matter of if you like fully touch (Stanton SCS series) or still some analog feeling (VCI-100/300). Both will do the trick. Of course an Oxygen 8 or something like that will do the trick, but then you have to consider if beatsyncing is your way to go. It's all a matter of taste really...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    SCS 3m and 3d Series are pretty bulletproof, light, extra small yet super powerful if space is a big concern.
    Sssssssh! Don't say "bulletproof" you insensitive clod!

LOL @Fatlimey comment....

But hey, not to sound all cheap, but the numark iDJ2 should do the trick to kill time in the sand box (been there too in 2003) Just load the tracks on ur iPod and rock the house, bunker, tent, squadbay or where ever you put you.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Hey hey, obviously Kuwait at this time is a bit cool but if your there for a year then you already know its going to get stupid hot. Im an active duty Marine and Ive stopped through Kuwait 8 times in the last 5 years for Iraq. Stick with the basics, VCI-100/300 with a deck protector to keep the dust out and protect the face when its packed in your pack. Ive never brought equipment out there besides a laptop and a camera and that dust has broken my shit multiple times. Depends on the your role out there, if your going to have a nice can or living on a FOB in the middle of nowhere it best to be safe with the mentioned, but regardless, that dust you cant escape it.
    Last edited by cullen61918; 11-19-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: d