New version of the S4?
    Tech Wizard

Default New version of the S4?

I work at Sam Ash and sold a S4 today and noticed that it was marked discontinued in our system. I looked through our inventory and saw a new S4 SKU with a different name, S4 MK2 Light. Has there been any rumors of a updated S4? Maybe a slim version or something? I just thought it was interesting because I haven't heard anything about it.

s4.jpg

Pretty cool, can't imagine a light version would replace a current gen though but thanks for posting!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

How to get fired from your job...

My best guess is that it's the same S4 mk2 with a Lightning cable for iOS devices. The original mk2 shipped with a 30-pin iOS device cable.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by sheikyerbouti View Post
    How to get fired from your job...
    Or how to safely stoke the rumour flames while cunningly missing out your user name from the photo(!)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elliottkim View Post
    My best guess is that it's the same S4 mk2 with a Lightning cable for iOS devices. The original mk2 shipped with a 30-pin iOS device cable.
    It is, the S4 was the only one in the TDJ compatible line missing it so they are doing an under the radar update. Now they will ship with both.

Alt description solves the mystery

Tech Wizard

I can confirm that this is just a MK2 with the lightning cable instead. Just got in a shipment of them yesterday.