DJM 850 Crossfader Issue [Crossfader Sticks]
    Tech Mentor

Default DJM 850 Crossfader Issue [Crossfader Sticks]

Hey all,

So I was using my DJM 850 for a little scratching session when all of the sudden there becomes this friction on the crossfader that can be described as a scratching stick. Whenever I push the crossfader down a little, there is no issue. However, when moved side to side, something in the crossfader rubs against the top part of the casing that holds the magnetic slide. Not sure what is is...I've tried blowing on it a few times to see if it was some dust or dirt but nothing will work!

Any ideas on what is causing this issue? I have already taken off the metal faceplate for further examination.

Best,
    Jack

Sounds like you've bent something in teh fader, mate. Take the whol efader out and take it apart - see what you can see.

You;re probably gonna be getting a new fader anyway, so take th eopportunity to learn how it's built.

I've got an Innofader in my 850 and would definitely recommend it over the stock fader for scratching.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Compressed Air?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Sounds like you've bent something in teh fader, mate. Take the whol efader out and take it apart - see what you can see.

You;re probably gonna be getting a new fader anyway, so take th eopportunity to learn how it's built.

I've got an Innofader in my 850 and would definitely recommend it over the stock fader for scratching.
    Is the innofader easy to install?

Easy-ish. If you've opened up a mixer and mad adjustments to faders before you'll be fine.

If you haven't - make sure you watch PLENTY of vids on Youtube before you crack open your 850. There are a few things that can go seriously wrong if you're not careful...

TBH - the stock fader isn't that bad, and it even had adjustable stops on the ends to allow for fine adjustment of the cut-in for scratching...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj