Calling ALL Beat grid experts....advanced help is needed!

Default Calling ALL Beat grid experts....advanced help is needed!

So I have a track that has a extreme bpm change. Thought I had a pretty good handle on beatgridding, but can't seem to make this work.

The song goes from 124-92 (roughly, it varies due to being a live recording ) which is not a problem. But then the song goes back to 124 again, and this is what is giving me fits. I can't seem to adjust or warp the grid so that my previous work (124-92) remains unchanged. Meaning it totally moves all markers that I have set before OR restricts my ability to adjust the bpm on the last section. Cant quite figure it out. Watched the excellent DjTechTools video on you tube, but it didn't show me how to return to previous Bpm.

Anyone know how to do this without destroying integrity of previous grid?

Any and all help is welomed

just can't figure out where Im going wrong

Tech Student

First, drop a marker on a beat close to where the song starts to slow down to 92 bpm . Look for the downbeat of the measure where the song tempo gets back to 124 and drop a marker there. Skip down 4 to 8 beats from there and drop another. Then check as the song advances from there making any changes. The slower section will play at the produced bpm but would have to be manually beatmatched if you mix out of it as the grid will not match that section. Hope that helps.